What did you buy the missus?

Bought her a few things but the main one was one of those Roomba vacuum cleaners. I assume you have them in the UK. Computerized little so and so. Runs all over the room vacuuming the rug. I think I've had more fun out of it than she has. The dog watches it with great interest. I think he's planning to kill it at the first opportunity or the next time it runs into him. It returns and searches out its charging base when the battery gets low and sings a little song of triumph when it docks. I wondered if it feels the same sense of relief I feel when I'm desperate for a pee on the Interstate and finally manage to find a service area before its too late.

BTW A happy new year to one and all.

Dave

Well, one item was a breadmaking machine, she loves it more than me, she hasn't been seen outside the kitchen for days while she's fiddling about with this thing, nice fresh bread every morning since Xmas day though, and no, Liz is not a domestic slave type of person either, it's the other way round, I bet I won't be able to lay a finger on it though.

Dave, if ever you are passing through AZ don't look for a rest area, they've closed down every last one, for budget reasons! You're going to have to find a tree, LOL.

'Ad to put in the past tense, Mick. Christmas 2009 is now history. Unless we want to plan for next year. However, at my age I don't even buy green banana's.

Eighth wedding anniversary today so now I've got to take her out for supper.

Oh well I might as well spend some before it becomes worth about as much as toilet paper. A distinct possibility in these crazy days I think.

BTW Make lots of bread, Firbeck and keep lots of flour etc. handy you might be needing it.

Pessimistic so and so I am in my old age.

Dave, if ever you are passing through AZ don't look for a rest area, they've closed down every last one, for budget reasons! You're going to have to find a tree, LOL.

That could be tough in AZ, Katy. All they have there is those crazy Sequoia (spelling?) cacti isn't it? That could prove downright painful. !yada!

...keep lots of flour etc. handy you might be needing it.

rotfl.gif

(But I think you meant "kneeding" it!)

A Nintendo DS and 2 games, £300 worth of shopping, a new iron!!!, some chocs .

We had a bread maker for a few years , but the entertaiment value was lost after a couple of months and it went to the tip after gathering dust for about 5 years , however the mum in law has a newer one and this seems a lot better than our old one, so there may be an outlay on one soon. (See how long it lasts!!)

I'd have said that but I couldn't spell Kneeding. !rotfl!

Neither can Limey, it's spelt "kneading"; well it is in GB anyway! unionflag

Bought the missus a DVD so far, some bloody silly thing about guinea-pigs; getting her summat else in t'sales but I dunno what yet.

Dave I think you mean saguaro, and there's not a lot of those up here in the mountains, pine trees yes.

That's right. Now where did I get Sequoia from? Senior moment!!!

But pine trees might be a bit hard on the anatomy too! And usually not very thick to hide behind either.

Now let's see, how did we get to here from vacuum cleaners?

Sorry - my spell checker is out for a 10,000 word service! ;)

I went back to buy SWMBO a Basque that she had looked at the previous day in Northwich, and they had sold out of her size!! I asked if they had one 'In the back' he asked for her size and I told him 36 G cup !!! the poor lad nearly fainted, and said they didn't do them that,er cough, cough, ahem, er big!!

Ah well I can dream !!

I went back to buy SWMBO a Basque that she had looked at the previous day in Northwich, and they had sold out of her size!! I asked if they had one 'In the back' he asked for her size and I told him 36 G cup !!! the poor lad nearly fainted, and said they didn't do them that,er cough, cough, ahem, er big!!

Ah well I can dream !!

The problem comes Beefy if you buy a few and try to leave the shop! (you shouldn`t put all your Basques in one exit!)

GROAN!

GROAN!

All right,Limey if you think that was bad,take that!

1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

3. Two peanuts walk into a bar, and one was a salted.

4. A dyslexic man walked into a bra.

5. A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm, and says: "A beer please, and one for the road."

6. Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this taste funny to you?"

7. "Doc, I can't stop singing The Green, Green Grass of Home."

"That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome."

"Is it common?"

"Well, It's Not Unusual."

8. Two cows are standing next to each other in a field. Daisy says to Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning."

"I don't believe you," says Dolly.

"It's true; no bull!" exclaims Daisy.

9. An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.

10. Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

11. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day, but I couldn't find any.

12. A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, "Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!"

The doctor replied, "I know, I amputated your arms!"

13. I went to a seafood disco last week... and pulled a mussel..

14. What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.

15. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says, "Dam!"

16. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Not surprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

17. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel, and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office, and asked them to disperse.

"But why," they asked, as they moved off.

"Because," he said. "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

18. A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt , and is named 'Ahmal.' The other goes to a family in Spain ; they name him 'Juan.' Years later,

Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're identical twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

19. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (oh, man, this is so bad, it's good) ... a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

20. A dwarf, who was a mystic, escaped from jail. The call went out that there was a small medium at large.

21. And finally, there was the person who sent twenty different puns to his friends, with the hope that at least ten of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.