My Daughter has had some strange things happening in her house recently. Things have disappeared only to turn up months later and she has seen things physical move across the room. She has also seen strange coloured lights in the house. Has anyone experienced anything similar (whilst being sober)?

Oh dear, not being taken seriously this one, perhaps Flatcap has had some experiences in his Bestwood flat, we'd like to hear about them if thats the case, old folk always have 'The Presence'.

Strange this but here goes,

Last winter when I was leaving work at about 17.00hrs I locked the main entrance gate and got in my pickup truck and drove to the end of the drive,about 20yrds my headlights were on as it was dark there is also no street lighting there, i stopped at the junction to turn right when something caught my eye just on the edge of my headlight beam, to the left of me about 6 ft in front was what i can only describe as a pillar of steam, about 5ft tall and maybe 2ft across, not solid but definitely a moving, see through, pillar of steam, it didn't take the form of a human but was of human dimensions if you understand me, I looked at it for maybe 3-4 seconds about the time you would check to see if any traffic was coming, I looked to the right for traffic and when I looked back again and start to move forward the "shape" had gone, not so unusual you may think but as some of you know our works entrance was the site of the old RAF Woodhall Spa airfield of WW2 vintage and home to the 617 sqdn.

Rog

Watch out Rog , it's probably Guy Gibsons ghost looking for the bloke who ran over Nigger !!! (I know that was at Scampton , but why let the truth get in the way of a good mystery!!)

Never thought of that Ian, what about another theory whilst on the subject of a good mystery, It could have been Fritz looking for his 500 pounder that he left behind one night along with 7 others, spooky!!!!

Rog

By the way there's a book out called "Ghost Stations" about strange goings on at old airfield sites,

I wont tell you about RAF Metheringham I'll leave that till our next aviation day

Think I've mentioned this before, many moons ago 1964? on my sturdy 150cc bantam heading towards hucknall via watnall I rounded the bend just before the log cabin and this "woman" was crossing the road straight in front of me about 11pm there was no chance of missing her, but I did! turning round to give her a mouthful I too saw this "pillar of steam" scared the **** out of me I can tell you, years later when mentioned to the pub landlord he said a regular happening

I have never been a skeptic (is this the right spelling ?? spell checker says so but I thought it was spelt with 'C') as such, in that I never dismiss any ghost /UFO/unexplained etc, out of hand. I have always liked to believe that things beyond our capacities to reason do exist, but I still find myself erring on the side of caution when I haven't seen one myself, I'd love to (It'd probably scare the s41t out of me) but I'd love to!!

For instance, when in our back garden of a starry evening my eyes are always turned heaven wards, just in case something odd happens , but in 48 years of doing so , nothing ever has !!

Now here's the rub;-

As I said, I've always been one to believe there's a logical and rational explanation for everything that happens but something odd has just happened to me again.

I have to take several different tablets a day to keep me going, one of which is called Lazapranzole and is for suppressing the excess stomach acid that was eating me from the inside, I keep all medicines in the bathroom cabinet for safety (As was pointed out to me a year or so back) apart from 4 weeks (4 blister packs in a cardboard box) supply of said tabs and 4 weeks supply of my 'first thing in the morning' diabetes tablets. These are kept in the cup cupboard, way too high for little fingers to interfere with them, if you know what I mean!! any way all my tablets are given to me on a 12 weeks supply basis, then (As I have today) I go to the docs for my checks and receive the repeat prescription whilst I'm there. About 6 months back I noticed that I was 4 weeks supply of Lazapranzole short, I put it down to the pharmacy ripping me off and not giving me enough, so I went to the docs for a repeat which was duly dispensed (With much huffing and puffing "Where are the ones you have been issued with" from the receptionist . As if I'd sell them or try to overdose on anti acid tablets !!) Then around Christmas I noticed I was 4 weeks supply short again , back to the docs and another piece of the receptionists wisdom!!, for another months tablets.......come this morning and yup,,,,,,I'm a month short again !!!! The first time I put it down to slackness on my part , the second time I put it down to me going potty , this is the third time it's happened and I purposely made a note of when I opened the new supply (23rd of December) meaning that I should have 4 weeks left but again none !!!

Now I know that you'll all be thinking it's the kids taking them , but how ?? the bathroom cabinet is locked , the cupboard in the kitchen is way too high for them (SWMBO needs a 'Kickstep' to reach them!!) they don't look like sweets and (Perhaps the biggest reason they haven't pinched them ) you need a degree in welding to get into the bloody blister packs in the first place !!!

It's none of the other 4 different tablets thats goes astray, so is there a poltergiest out there with an acid problem ??? if so , buy your bloody own !!!

never seen a ghost in my life, and I don't believe they exist, and I also don't believe there's life on any other planet, what you see is what you get. the only people that purport to see these things are the same people that can be made to do ludicrous things by being hypnotised, ie, there's some form of auto suggestion in their brain whereby they then accept things as being real. no other logical explanation.

Being someone who has never seen anything that can’t be explained away I can’t really comment, crop circles being a good example, the lunatics who believe they are made by little green men and their flying sauces are a breed of mutants lacking a phosphate molecule in their deoxyribonucleic acid structure.

The only spirits I see most nights are the ones hanging up behind the bar in me local, they come in bottles and only allowed out when a ransom is paid.

Would be interesting to know what the crack is with these TV mediums, Colin Fry, John Edward, Derek Acorah, etc, do they really communicate with the spirits or is it just one big con, it must be said they seem very successful in what they're doing, but is it simply luck of the draw, get a crowd of people together then tell them Ted is trying to communicate with Brenda, bound to be somebody out there who responds, then it's just a matter of generalising ie, "have you still got the bike" and "remember those happy times we had on our hols" bound to cause a reaction. I personally think it's all a load of tripe, especially in the case of Derek Acorah, his series on the tv where he communicates with the spirits almost every night and twice nightly at the weekends, being simply just too good to be true. imo. £££££!!

A few years ago my wife and I and four other couples hired a scottish castle for a short break it was called castle Forte and was in a place called Glen Isla. The five bedrooms and bathroom were all set around a turret with a winding stair the great hall was on the first floor with the kitchen, chappel and entrance on the ground floor. evenings were spent in the great hall wineing and dining and such. after retirering the bathroom in the turret was in constant use because all had been drinking for most of the evening so I decided to go down to the ground floor and use the wc down there, before returning to bed I wanted a glass of milk, my mouth was dry from all that gin, so went across the corridor to the kitchen. As i opened the kitchen door, the chappel door some distance behind me also creaked open, Iwas back up those stairs like greased lightning and I bet the look on my face would have rivalled any supernatural being that might have been there. In the cold light of day just draughts of course. Or was it?

• 2 years later...

Not exactly ghosts but after Isobel died I had a moth come and go inside the caravan for about a week, you'll think I'm daft but I named if after her and spoke to it, Yesterday was working on the bike with back of the fiesta up and tools in there and a peacock butterfly flew in it and went under the seat, still there some hrs later in this like 1" gap, me being softy I am thought better get it out so shifting tools, moving seat, carpet etc (again talking to it) with a pen I managed to get it out and onto my hand, thought at first I'd harmed it as did not move but then opened it's wings and I saw the "eyes" on the back etc, after maybe 30 seconds it flew off strongly over next door caravan and I watched it fly till out of sight. About half an hour later, John who lived in that caravan was found dead sitting in an armchair, seems had had heart attack probably night before,

• Upvote 1

Where do i start!? My house is famous on this forum for its spooky happenings. When i first moved in, i heard bags and boxes move in the night like something was going through them, i had 3 wooden pictures on a box in my living room too... the room was pretty much empty, i woke to the sound of a loud crash at about 4am... the pictures i assume had been chucked them across the room because i found them on the other side, one broken!

Iv seen a shadow of a man on my stairs several times, i assume my one year old has seen him too as shes petrified of the stairs, hates being carried up or down them, i cant leave the stair door open either when shes in her play pen as she randomly screams.

Iv seen a little boy in my bathroom, that night my waters broke. I was told by a medium friend that she got a little boy who died in the house shortly after it was built, whos bedroom is now my bathroom. You can tell when hes around, he hides things and his presence is quite friendly. The one iv seen on the stairs isnt nice, makes you want to run down the stairs or up and shut a door behind you!

Iv had plenty of things vanish, the oddest one was a squash (the veg) .. Had it with my potato's like you do. One day i went to get it, wasnt there.. not many places a squash could be. Know where i found it? On top of my boiler in the airing cupboard.. bizarre eh! At the moment, my shed keys have vanished, iv turned this house upside down for them as it means i cant get to the hay and sawdust for my guinea pigs, and its got the key i need to unbolt the gates to take the bins round, luckily a neighbor has a spare set that iv had to borrow.

Iv had plenty other little happenings, ones that dont bother me usually like lights being switched on by themselves.. or off and some that have really messed with my head. You get that 'feeling' alot in this house too.

.... These ghosties eh!!

Ashley, when my mum died it was a late March, funeral was April 1. Not a particularly warm time of year. I was staying at my brother's house, and a butterfly came to the window and fluttered outside there for ages, kept hitting into the window. It looked so out of place with the weather, I was sure it was my mother taking one last look at me [i'd come over from the States for the funeral]

• 4 weeks later...

About 3 or 4 years after my Father in Law died, I was doing some DIY upstairs, in my Mother in Laws house. All of a sudden I had an distinctive smell of tobacco wafting in front of me. I called my wife up and asked her if she could smell it, which she answered yes. She then went on to say that the aroma was her Dad's favourite pipe baccy! Strange, but I didn't feel scared, on the contrary...I thought it was great that he had come to make sure I was doing the job right!!

Around 2 years ago My wife and I were returning from North Wales. We decided to go a different route home. While we were driving past an open field I called out to my wife, who was driving, to " watch out for that man ". She said " what man ". I replied " the one with the long black coat and big hat ". We swerved around this ' person ', but to our amazement, when we looked back. there was nobody there!.

When we got home I did a little research and found that we had passed the Civil War site of the Battle of Nantwich. The person that I had seen wore the clothing of an Royalist soldier......weird or what?

I have noticed that Ashley & Katy have been talking about butterflies being sent from someone whos passed over, Im wondering if anyone believes the link between deer and someone who has passed. Someone told me a while back that when you visit someones grave, to say thank you, sometimes they send a deer... Looking this up i came across a beautiful story about a 12 year old girl who died and every year the family would get together and have a picnic by her grave. One year a dear walked strait up to the stone and licked it, they say she sent the deer along to say thank you! Well strangely, I went with my partner as he visited a relations grave to lay some fresh flowers and tidy it up, i waited in the car for him, he parked opposite to were the grave was, As he was tidying, i looked up to see a baby deer bounding up the little road, around the grave he was stood at, along side of the car and through a hedge!! Could be a coincidence, who knows, but it came as a great comfort to him when i shown him the story i had found. Personally, i thought it was a beautiful little thing to happen.