Fings they carn lern yer at Skool

I am wondering what wrangles you have lernt since you left school.

I lernt one today.

Usually If I drill a hole in the wall, I get SWMO to hold the vac pipe uderneath to stop the mess.

Theres usually a lot because I use a sequence of drills for each hole. 6 8 and then 10.

The other week I found a brilliant piece of kit for catching the dust.

It fits over the drill bit and you hold it against the wall.

And it was only a quid at the pound shop :)

I brought it home and promptly lost it, till yesterday when I found it again.

So today, having found it I decided to drill the long awaited holes, SMBO not being available with the hoover.

I found all my drills Rawlplugs electric drill/ lead and Joiners oval pencil (though I could not find the oval pencil sharpener),

Unfortunately after setting up all the gubbins, I could not locate the dust catching gadget, after only having placed it somewhere for safekeeping yesterday!

Not having the benefit of a University education after School I had to sit and think about the problem really hard.

Eureeka! I thought of the solution.

I found a tesco carrier bag and sellotaped it under the areas where the holes were going to be drilled.

Wallah! Job Done, No mess to clean up.

What have you taught yersen after school?

I learned that all the stuff I did learn in school would only be needed when I had forgotten it! Then I had to learn it all over again - I should have just skipped the first time!

inthebin.gif

Anyone ever found a use for Logerithms?

Not recently! But I still have my (British Thornton) slide rule! The new "kids" I work with have no idea how to make it work!

Never, ever put things in a safe place, you'll never find them again. Jeeze the amount of stuff I've lost over the years putting them in a safe place!!

• 6 years later...