We got the Snow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In olden days we got ten foot of snow & everyone just gorronwivit!

We have sun in the summer, so why not snow in winter................... Luv it, makes my garden look like everyone elses....

Me cousins from Lenton Sands ........ if we built this today we would need planning permission?  

Don't you swear at me, it's a South African shirt!!

I bought my self one of each of the great Rugby playing nations a few years back , except 2, Argentina , on principle and Australia for obvious reasons!!

Still got, England x 2 , Ireland , Scotland , Wales , South Africa , New Zealand and Tonga.

I gave the Italian one to an 'eye tie' I met on holiday (Big lad like myself!!) in Tunisia, he gave me a box of 50 King Edward cigars (Fair trade!!) and the French got thrown away after I wore it to paint the kids bedrooms in a few years ago!!

Lol, I actually have an aussie rugby shirt, charity shop job, bought to wind bought to wind up certain basfordites not worn for ages, I was actually stopped in town by a south african who thought opposite of me ie one of his country's. Back on topic was about to say where,s this snow? but in last few mins it's started and road outside covered, typically we're meant to be going to our son's today to see grandaughter up wilds of ravenshead, will have to see what it's like later.

I finally cleared all the ice off of my car yesterday. It suprised me how much there was in all the nooks and crannies, only to get up today to see it covered again !!

They were telling us yesterday that we were getting the snow, looks like Notts, Derbys and Lincs copped it instead, how could they get it so wrong!

Went out on site today, it wasn't too bad until the render fell off the wall despite a large additive of anti-freeze, the temperature dropped so much this afternoon that we were just going through the motions, the last couple of days I've stayed at home in the warm to sort out some planning, except of course, those mollycoddled local authority scum won't go out on site visits when it's like this.

Like the beard Ian, it definately suits you, Den's right...............'Christmas, my aaaarse'

It was forcast for a lot of snow over here this morning and through till tomorrow (I'm driving to Nott'm!!) But all it's done is rain and melted most of the snow that we had . It's still raining now , I just hope it doesn't freeze over night!!

Not sure if anyone wants to hear this or not, but I'm telling anyway! Went to daughter's house in Phoenix for Christmas and it was 76 deg. No, I didn't think you'd want to hear that. Actually it was strange to see Christmas everywhere and summer clothes.

Blizzards in the north east, New York's had over 22 inches of the white stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just walked the kids to school, and I've had to battle through a blizzard to get home again !!! (Not good on top of a hang over thanks to Englands prowess at the cricket last night!!englandflag.gif )

Yep...we got the blizzard here too....looked out about 8 ..nothing...and hour later ...full blizzard and about an inch deep....Oh look got to go out too.....well Yipee !.....not.

No snow but as a result of, Had me pot cut off me leg today from the breakage I received at the end of November, great, all I got to do now is learn to walk again, looking forward to riding me trike again on Sunday (weather permitting)

Rog