What was your result?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good stuff Shirl, i like your approach and outlook, I couldn't tell the time until I was 14, but knew about French land distribution in the 17th century, there is no black and white,lots of grey as well.concerning my children, I do not compare one against another and will never judge them on what educational grades they achieve. Love and listening.

• 5 months later...

Ah, the bin men have just been. I must wash out the garden waste one!

• Upvote 2

It's when you're behind someone waiting in a shop, or at the bus stop.

Just read this,and Shirley you are spot on with work hard and do your best'...........just like to add 'be nice' friendly and smile alot,only Assholes won't like you back............and i don't worry about them...........

• Upvote 1

I was reading an article on New Scientist website about IQ, It said "if you're reading this you're above average IQ as those with below average IQ wont click onto New Scientist website!" How can an ex Trent Bridge pupil like me be of above average IQ? I thought all the clever kids went to Red & Yella Monkey Della..

‘IQ’ is a construct – something that cannot be observed. It is a meaningless measure when considered in isolation: Many individuals with Low Average IQs may be highly successful whereas many individuals measured as ‘superior’ on a standardised intelligence test may experience great difficulty in functioning in the community. Such tests sample some – but by no means all – essential skills and the results are vulnerable to cultural and linguistic change.

All that completing a test in isolation could achieve is to compare how two, or more, individuals of similar age and experience perform on that test.

A true assessment of an individual’s cognitive ability would include information on their health and development, their educational and other experiences including personal relationships.

Test like this one are simply, a bit of fun.

http://www.sats2016.co.uk/think-youd-pass-your-sats-in-2016/

I've never tried to post a link before, so sorry if this doesn't work. The questions are for kids in their last year of primary school. No wonder there's been such an uproar about it!

• Upvote 1

It worked, Margie. SATS have certainly got a lot harder since my sons did them. I don't remember doing most of that English stuff at school, but did OK in the test! Don't see why they have to know all that, though!

I got 8 out of ten questions right in the English test, but I guessed one of them! Did you do the Maths test? I got 8 out of ten for that, too, but probably would have done better if I'd written the calculations down instead of just doing it in my head.....

Like you, Ann, I don't know why they need to know all that stuff in the English test. I learned it at secondary school but it's never come in useful in my life. I can write perfectly good English without knowing what all those parts of speech are!

I got 8 in the English test, too, but didn't do the Maths one - hate Maths!

Exactly - you don't need to know all of that stuff for English. Being able to construct a decent sentence, with the right spelling and punctuation, is much more important

• Upvote 2
  • 7 months later...