Barrie, I'm sure there is a sales opportunity in those covers as well as mobile phone covers, laptop bags etc, run a few up and advertise them you never know mate, 

Rog

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something I've just finished, the paint is still drying. A bit different to my usual rubbish. Done it muted colours to be in tone with our quiet, centre conservatory. Used metallic colours, br

I had piano lessons around age 13-14 and reached a reasonable level, and I could sight read fairly well. I also had some training on organ, including the dreaded foot pedals. My main reason for doing

That time of the year again when most of my hobbies are done in the shed as opposed to outside the shed so now I have made a start on this year batch of articulated wooden dolls/frogs/"Pudsey's", firs

10 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

i remember watching a show called In Town Tonight.

The theme tune was written by Eric Coates from Hucknall Tokard (composer of The Dambusters March). It was part of his London Suite and is called the Knightsbridge March. He also wrote By The Sleepy Lagoon, theme from Desert Island Discs and the March Calling all Workers was the theme for Music While You Work.

• Like 1

Forks sprayed and lacquered, tyres and tubes fitted, nine speed gear cassette fitted,

DSCF2298.jpg

Rog

Phil, There's no mudguard fittings on the forks or rear drop outs so if I'm out in the rain it will have to be a damp donkey or should that be a wet ass,

Once again B, no fittings for an engine so it will have to be the two engines I was born with, (legs), now if you are talking three cylinder 750cc two stroke Kawasaki engine that would be a different story, (had one of those H2's in the late eighties)

Rog

Been caught in the rain many times, the water don't penetrate the skin, many years ago when I was working just outside Bunny village and was living near Daybrook it was a long and lonely old ride home or to work or both when it was raining, I did that ride seven days a week for many years, I was a bit fitter in them days though, can only just about manage a round trip to Newark these days with a coffee break halfway

Rog 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What a difference thirty years make, hill climbing in Derbyshire

P1060411.jpg

And riding on the flat in Leicestershire

354564035_2621812947990007_4614859398180

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, plantfit said:

What a difference thirty years make, hill climbing in Derbyshire

P1060411.jpg

And riding on the flat in Leicestershire

I recognise that as Fritchley/top of Bullbridge. Did you ride up from the A6 at Ambergate?

58 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

I recognise that as Fritchley/top of Bullbridge. Did you ride up from the A6 at Ambergate?

Correct mate, it was easier to ride up the hills sooner than walk (if that makes sense), that day was a ride from Bulwell (home) through Ripley and onto Ambergate, Bullbridge, Crich, Leagate, Cromford, Matlock Bath, Matlock town, Bakewell, Buxton, Ashbourn,back to Ambergate, Ripley, Heanor and Bulwell, wears me out thinking about it now but it was a regular ride at least once a month back in the mid nineties

Rog

26 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Like the Ukrainian shorts, Rog!

If my legs get any shorter Jill they will pass as trousers lol

Rog

• Upvote 1

The Diamondback XSL full suspension mountain bike build so far, this week I have put the new "Rock Shox" decals (that arrived from Spain) on the forks and given them a clear coat of lacquer, also the XSL decals (arrived from Bradford) and fitted them on the top tube of the frame, today I have fitted a new bottom bracket and the chainset , had to measure the bottom bracket length to make sure the chainwheel didn't rub on the frame, got the correct size out of the five brackets I have so lucky there, handlebar stem and handle bars loosely fitted because I am waiting for the bearings to arrive before a more permanent adjust and fit, so far things looking good and I am quite pleased with the progress

DSCF2307-2.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

Rog

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Coming along quite nicely Rog., well done !!

Would you accept £15. ? :Shock:

stick two zero's on the end Barrie and I'll think about it

Rog

48 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

When will you be making your debut on 'Repair Shop'  ?

Some clever folk on that show mate, well out of my league

Rog

25 minutes ago, plantfit said:

stick two zero's on the end Barrie and I'll think about it

Rog

Which end Rog?  And does it come complete with a spare Mrs.Plantfit ? smile2

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Which end Rog?  And does it come complete with a spare Mrs.Plantfit ? smile2

Back in 2001 when this bike first appeared it was retailing between £800 and £1100 that's 22 years ago, Mrs P is terrible on a bike in fact she spends more time complaining the "bike won't go where I steer it" before she falls off, let her carry on going to the gym on the treadmill that way we'll all be safer out on our bikes

Rog

• Like 1

could probably get that amount for it anyway, headset bearings arrived today so I have just fitted them and they are perfect, all I need now is riser handlebars, gears and brakes and all the cables to go with them,

Rog