As you may have noticed the board has been offline for 36 hours.

This was due to the update to the latest board software.

The board update crashed 2/14ths of the way through the update. or is it 1/7th.

Anyways, the reason I was told was because of the size of the board!

It has been the policy of this site since 2004 to show all posts and not archive them.

Our database is therefore very big.

<soapbox>

That is why we dont like overquoting. ie. quoting 30 lines of text and adding 3 words!

</soapbox>

Our Software Support completed the upgrade overnight, and I have been adding old features that were wiped by the upgrade.

Anyroad, you can see the board looks totally different, and should be easier to use once you get used to using it.

We still may however have some teathing problems, which will become obvious as the board gets used.

Members can help by posting reports of any issues here.

Also any problems using the new board ask here.

As soon as WE find the answers we will let you know.

Now if you dont mind, I will go and have a cup of tea and lie down.

Profile Images.

Only one profile image is catered for on the new software.

That is the AVATAR.

If you havnt got one, and want one but dont have a clue,

Ask here.

This thread once you read it.....Now you can only go to 'new content' and owt you've looked at isnt there any more.....so i cant re-read it or show Martine once she comes back in the room..to show her what was there.

This is ODD

I moved your first post here.

Under viewing 'new'

There is an options menu on the left hand side.

And if you clicked on view new content(since your last visit) expecting to find old as well, that would be plain silly :)

I like it. Looks smart and more up-to-date. In the many years I've been using Internet forums I always notice that people tend to take a little while to get used to a new look - me included in some cases - as we become very familiar with how the previous version looks, operates and 'feels'. A few weeks on and the older version would feel distinctly dated if going back to it.

Good job Mick, thanks.

If you click on the Forums heading from the blue bar across the top, quite a few at the bottom of the page are almost white on white and impossible to read "eg Sport and Politics, or Computer Chat

Holding the mouse over helps a bit, but not much

I like it too - and it really isn't that much different to the old one. No bugs yet!

Now THAT is going to take some getting used to! I'll figure it out when I get home and have decent internet access!

Had a bit of a problem logging in. The old software remembered my user name and password. Hey! I couldn't remember it. :) Hit login out of frustration with nothing entered. It then came up with another log in screen and this one remembered me. Other than that I like the new board and look forward to getting to know it better.

I have to say having got used to it, its much tidier than the previous version.

Everything is there but the hide some features that have to be opened by a link.

There are some bug fixes which I will install when I find where to download them from.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't like the todays posts link, it just takes me to the Forums page, then I have to scroll for latest topics................ no1

Dont know what you mean "it just takes me to the Forums page"?

Do you mean the main forum page, instead of most recent topics page?

If so clear your cache.

Click on the 'view new content' link below the banner.

Choose your viewing preferences on the left side menu.

Also check your preferences in your personal control panel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just noticed that when making a post, the new software highlights any spelling errors by underlining the word in red.

Right clicking on the word gives you suggestions. This just one reason why I invest in the most advanced forum software on the market today. Nothing is too good for our members.

As I have said before, since I got my spell checker, my smelling problems are over.

There's one oddity I've noticed - which I reckon is a bug

Use the Search - Forums function at top right of this page. Choose any word or phrase to search.

The results show all the threads which contain your chosen word. It also shows who posted the last message in that thread. And in all cases, the avatar for each of those people is not their actual avatar....they all get mixed up. :rolleyes: