if you had a time machine..

If you had a time machine, were and when would you go? Can go into the past or into the future.. even past or upcoming avents!

I would go back to the late 60's and early 70's and get to know my Grandad, as he died around 1972. I was in awe of him as a nipper.

In the vein of quite a few contributions here I'd really like to go back to 1920s Edinburgh and talk to my grannie who died when my dad was just four years old leaving two little boys without a mum. I have never known how she died.

On a general and curious note, I'd rather like to have witnessed the Danes marching from York down to sack Nottingham (circa 800). By all accounts they would have passed along the A60 at Redhill, very close to where I live. This would have to have been from the vantage point of peaking from behind a safe hedge of course ;)

like kath i would love to go back in time to find answers to some of my faimily history stuff especially about 1900 when my great grandmother came out of the workhousei would love to ask her about her husband and how and when she went into the workhouse after his death when he was just 26 years old but i would love to know about her life in the workhouse and how she manage to get herself out and begin a normal life again and what happend to my grand mother during this period .as i have been unable to find her.

the only other time i would love to go back to would be mid to late sixtiesand relive my own pasti wonder if i would do things differently i dont think so maybe a few things in hindsight but in the main no.

go forward no thats whats going to happenand we have to take that as it comes to us and deal with it what ever happens we carnt change it. as we proberly would not be able to change our pasts i dont know.

Your very being depends on the tiniest twist of fate...that farmgirl....if her cold hadn't got better and she hadn't gone to the village dance in 1728 where she caught the attention of your G/G/G/G/G/G/G/Grandfather....You wouldn't be here now.It boggles the mind when you think about it.

Think of the farmgirl in Bavaria at the same time....if she'd stayed home maybe Hitler would never have been.

How big is this time machine ?

I'd go back to July 1940 with a fully kitted out Eurofighter Typhoon (Including trained pilot) and plenty of spare ordnance, and see just how much better one modern fighter is compared to those beautiful birds from back then.

Aha !!!!!

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7449&hl=%22time+machine%22&fromsearch=1

So I also want commision from poohbear for the idea of winning the lottery too !!

Yep i would go back to the 1800s to finf out about my ancesters mainly the one who was hung for murder in 1862 in Derby, then back even further to the 1500s

Yes he was on the 11th April 1862 the last man to be hung in public and over 20 thousand people came to see him die