Before You Croak

We've been talking about being old timers / teenagers etc.

Set me thinking. Is there anything you really want to do before you die. (Happy topic)

To start you off. I'd like to become a good pianist/organist.

me enjoy my life to the full as i am doing now to win a bit on the lottery would be nice though have no restrictions moneywise then.the only thing left on my todo listnow is a ride in a helicopter done everything else i had on my list i made when i was fifty

Get my health back, I mean 6 (Nearly 7 ) years is a long time to be waiting for hundreds of test results !

So then I could climb Machu pichu.

Finish walking the Pennine Way. Tried it once failed misserably, after a five day storm left us battered and soaked to the skin near the delitefully named "Slaggyford" in Northumberland. We made little or no progress during this period as visibility was just so bad, and we'd never have made it in time, (We'd allowed three weeks to complete it) My mate looked at his soaked guide book to tell us, "There's a station down there (Slaggyford) we can get a train somewhere, anywhere" So after a nano second of deliberation we gave up !! and walked to Slaggyford station , which turned out to be nowere near Slaggyford and it had closed to passengers in 1976 (Four years prior to our visit !!! ) We did eventually manage to get a bus to Carlisle. We failed about 50 mile short of the finish!.

Meet all my old mates from the 50's & 60's....................not a biggy, & with a little effort I could possibly trace some, but it's that old thief if time again...................procrastination.............

Poo's Relative informed me they were being buried at sea

I heard it was a swamp

If you've ever heard "The Death Rattle" as the final gasp is expelled from the body of a dying man / woman then you'll know where 'croak' comes from

To get back on topic:

I'd like to travel across Canada by train, taking about a couple of months over the journey so that I can see a whole cross section of the country and have time for side trips into the outback.

I think I mentioned this before somewhere.

After I had my accident at work in 2006 I knew I was due for some compo, enough for me to fulfill a dream and take the family over to Canada to visit a friend of mine who lives there now. Whilst there I had the intention of "Doing the CPR" in that carriage with the 'Scenic' box on top. We were going to fly to Vancouver then do the train to Calgary, two weeks with my mate Maxine and her family who live in a place called Cochrane near there,(Plenty of fishing !!) then another few days doing the rest of the route of the CPR before flying home from Buffalo.

Anyway it took that damned long for the settlement to be finalised that the ammount I recieved had become astronomical and instead of having the 'holiday of a lifetime' I had enough to pay off the mortgage and various other more pressing 'necessities' but not enough for the big trip. Ah well !!

Its a trip not to be missed. I haven't done it by rail but I have driven from one coast to the other. You'd never regret it. Lived in Calgary for about 17 years. Often went through Cochrane on the way to the Rockies for a day out. When I moved to Calgary from Toronto in 1974. Calgary was a city of about 600,000. Now over a million. Went through it last August on my way up from the US to Edmonton. It was about 11 a.m. Now seems like permanent rush hour. Still a very livable city though.

scan0020.jpg

Shot the above pic the first time I ever saw the Rockies.

scan0016.jpg

Winters could be a bit rough though. :Shock:

I've seen a post from Loppylugs in my inbox but it hasn't appeared on here. Is there something amiss?