Anyone betting this year? Whos your horse(s) of choice?

I have a few in mind, i think i might take 5 & do a £1 bet on each!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody has to convince me that animals know what is going to happen to them. Had a German Shepherd from a pup and after 12 years he got cancer and could barely move in the end. Vet came to the hous

#12 I seem to remember this coming up last year on here on another thread! The horses wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it. Just watch the riderless ones continue round the course. They love runnin

You don't have to study Statistics at college to realise that your chances of winning big are very slim but you have to be in it to win it and so long as gambling doesn't take over your life and you c

I'm surprised that horse race is still allowed.

Cruelty to Animals, especially when their lives are in jeopardy! As humans we should know better than to put these beautiful beings to the test for money making purposes.

If I was wealthy I'd buy a vast plot of land, buy loads of horses and let them run and frolic free.

Love Animals :)

Take it your all vegitarians then ?! (Not that I particularly like , or agree with, horse racing either !!)

No I love meat, but horse racing itself is not cruel, horses love to run, just racing "over the sticks" that's cruel, it's banned in many parts of the world. How many will go down this year, break limbs and have to be put down??

Won 6 quid on 'Red Rum',66/67 the only time I bet on a horse,went halves with me old mum.

Learning how many horses were put down after the race,I never bet again.

Mick,if you've ever eaten two meals in France containing meat,one of them was 'oss meat'

Them 'Frenchies' disguise the flavour by piling on the garlic. :ohmy:

bu99er

We did eat in a restaurant in France once. Eze near to Niece or is it Nece, or summat.

It were very nice, but the French will spend a day eating one meal out. Thought we would never get away!

The thing is , it's just a skinny Cow ! that's all. Many eons ago our ancestors discovered that horses were better and faster at pulling things than Oxen (Cows) Besides which they didn't have as much meat on them and therefore took more keeping for less food value.

Less bow legged riders of horses too, them oxen make you look odd after riding them for several years...LOL Can you imagine how big a saddle would be for an oxen....LOL

They call us "Ros Beef" so we could always stop calling them 'Frogs' and change it to "Monsieur Cheval"

PS. Both SWMBO and I had the winner in 'sweepstakes' hers at work and mine in my local !

Just two dead up to now 'aint it?...I hope the stinking rich owners choke on their lobster.They would of course say it's tradition...like foxhunting.

Maybe we should discourage the phasing out of bullfighting and bring back cock fighting to give them alternative bloody pastimes.

In Memory of 'Synchronised' and 'According to Pete'; horses used in the 'Grand National', 2012

Eulogy:

Oh that I was Rich, then I'd buy a vast piece of land where horses could run free . . . . . . . . . . . .

Maybe I could ask the bookies for a bet on how many will die in the next National?

thumbsdown

Iv betted on the grand national since i was a kid, my mother has done the same.. Although we both think its such a harsh race, were such a pair of hipocrits i know! we dont take it as serious as many people do, when we put bets down its purely on the names we like & only a matter of pence per bet, if we dont win, we dont win. I had bets on both horses that died this year, i even said before the race, i should of bet on these two to die this race.. knowing my luck itll happen! & it did.

When sync bolted & lost his rider, then ran through twice before the race had started, i just knew he could see what was coming, why did they let a stressed horse race regardless of its behavier? that poor horse knew its fate & was scared for its life! :(

Hi Pixie, I'm too hurt inside to comment on this fateful day for those two beautiful horses. All I can say of the event is that: 'Synchronised' was ten minutes late for his own funeral - he knew his fate that day.

amazing how animals just 'know' isnt it. A friend's cat was really old & poorly the bet said that she'd have to be put down.. So my friend asked if they could come back in a couple of days because she couldnt cope with it that day, the vet agree'd. That day, she didnt do anything out the ordenary, but the cat somehow just knew, she was refusing to get into her cat carrier, something she never made a fuss of before, when she got to the vets, the cat was pinned to her, the cat wouldnt let go and kept meowing really loud, before the injection, the cat just looked at her, pinned to her front refusing to be put down. My friend wishes she had of gotten it out the way that day, she just wanted a day more with her beloved cat, it made it just as hard to get over because she feels so guilty because the cat 'knew'.