Enjoying the weather today in notts?

For a solid month, as most of you will know, it aint half pee'd it down! & weve FINALLY got some sunshine in nottingham today! But unfortunately, the rain & wind is due back tomorrow...

.... Hows everyone spent their day today while we had nice weather? To be honest, i made the most of using the washing line more than anything... 5 loads of washing, only took an hour to dry outside! Now im stuck with a huge pile of ironing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Inch of Drought fell again last night.

Heading for Beastmarket Hill?

Been sorting out my office which became a junk room.

Now its an office again. And I can easily get on with sorting

the piles of paperwork. I will have a working printer when the

ink arrives from my ebay order.

Luxury ! :)

Not allowed to hang a washing line here ,Its against the local code.

Seems dumb to me that its a 100+ deg outside & you have to stick washing in the dryer.

i went to visit my sister pauline near lincoln then down mfn for bike night it started to get quite chilly so we came home about 8.30pm had a cuppa and whatch bit of tv.

were do you get your inks mick we use a company called prink inks they are very good 4 sets of compatable inks for our epsom under 20 pounds order before 2pm get it next days post no extra cost and we have had no problem with it at all.they are based stoke on trent.we used to get them at web systems in bulwell at 9 pounds per set.

I just bought some cheap stuff as I am not printing photographs.

Its just documents but due to the volume the ink is used up quickly.

I will let you know how good it is.

dave dose a lot of printinng his photographs and the quality of these inks have been very good and economical too think he got 60plus coppies from one set 6 by 4s plus a few a4 size

\snip\

Seems dumb to me that its a 100+ deg outside & you have to stick washing in the dryer.

That's why the USA use around 5x more fuel than anyone else :o(

We use a clothes line, but if the wind isn't blowing, the washing dries into thick cardboard, maybe that's why so many over here use driers......

I think I got the most washing on my line ever since I had it! 5 loads on the rotary... Bedding, towels, clothes, baby things... Each load took the most of an hour if that to dry! Spent ages folding towels and bedding and sorting out piles of ironing to get tackling tonight.. I hate ironing!! :( Best thing about this nice weather is the smell of clothing conditioner in the garden... Best thing about cold weather is when clothes dry on the radiator and your house smells of the stuff! One of my little loves in life

whent to see a friend in coalville this afternoon up a453 soar at the power station was really well over its banks and flowing very fast even the piece on the canal that joins the soar over its banks

Up here on the perimeter we've had georgeous sunshine all day, as it was yesterday and the day before.

The forecast is for wintry showers by the weekend.

Snow in May!! Still, it won't last long.

Hot and steamy here after this mornings rain.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-HL-2270DW-Wireless-Laser-Compact-Monochrome-Printer-Duplex-printing/15689238If you are printing Text get a laser i got 15,000 pages out of a cheap minolta

It was cheaper to buy a new Samsung laser printer $109 than the new toner for the minolta when it ran out $139

They suck quite a bit more power

& pictures are crap but for text cant beat it

I'm going through a bad patch at the moment 2 of my machines went down today

But the weather is perfect.

I am in Iceland - high temp 50F, low temp 49F! Washing - blimey, it would take a millenium to dry it outside!

Strange country - friendly folks, and some spectacular scenery, but lots of boring stuff in between and their definition of a forest is pretty funny!

Icelandic joke: "What do you do if you get lost in a forest in Iceland?"

Answer - "Stand up!"

Back to home on Friday - and no washing lines there either!

And talking of washing, got to start ours soon, going to be in the mid 80's today.........Summer is nearly here!

Promble with the far north, Oldace, is that even on a sunny day there is a niggling cold wind of the ocean! And that's usually followed by two or three days of 'The Haar' :o(

I had a load of washing to get dry, so I really did appreciate the sunshine today. :)

I pride myself in being able to take pleasure in the simplest things and 'Pegging Out' is one of the things I've always loved - hearing the children's voices at playtime at the school over the way, always adds to this pleasure. :)

Promble with the far north, Oldace, is that even on a sunny day there is a niggling cold wind of the ocean! And that's usually followed by two or three days of 'The Haar' :o(

Compo lad!! What's a 'Promble'? is it like a Womble with a 'P' problem? thumbsup I'll get me coat,,,,,,,,,,,,& me 'at............

Compo's Dictionary (Stolen form other dictionaries):

Promble: noun

Pronunciation: Prom bul

• 1a matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome:they have financial prombles

• a thing that is difficult to achieve:motivation of staff can also be a promble

• 2 Physics & Mathematics an inquiry starting from given conditions to investigate or demonstrate a fact, result, or law.

• Geometry a proposition in which something has to be constructed. Compare with theorem.

• (in chess) an arrangement of pieces in which the solver has to achieve a specified result.

No chance of of a haa (that's how it's pronounced hear by most folk) today Compo. we have a brisk Northerly with snow showers.