Olympic Torch in Nottingham

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha ha you miserable fuck3rs have another one Look @ the happy smiling faces !!

There are one or two cynics on this website that rival Victor Meldrew

Sounds like the large crowd had a really good time in Nottingham yesterday. Good to see it's not all gloom and doom. http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Crowd-18-000-Olympic-torch-arrive-city-centre/st

I think all the moaners and groaners should be Stripped,Stocked and have their bare arse's thrashed with nettles

I'm free when you are...can I wear my rubber suit?... !jumping!

• Upvote 1

We would welcome all the 'cynics',I think a better name to call these folks would be 'realists'.

The UK is in deep recession,over loaded with immigrants from the old Soviet bloc countries,and you wave flags at a 'torch'.

So send the members who voice their opinions,the 'States' still have 'freedom of speech''. :biggrin:

Ha ha you miserable fuck3rs have another one

Look @ the happy smiling faces !!

28-06-2012056.jpg

whats the deal with those massive coke "plates" being held up, almost as if its to make sure everybodies photos had an official sponsors logo in them/ruining them?

or am i being a bit too cynical?

It's not a Coca-cola tray Mick,I think the sound is different.

Were the people of Nottingham given a day off,or are all those folks out of work?

Instead of "flags,balloons and trays",a 'ten pound note' would have been more useful. ;)

We would welcome all the 'cynics',I think a better name to call these folks would be 'realists'.

The UK is in deep recession,over loaded with immigrants from the old Soviet bloc countries,and you wave flags at a 'torch'.

So send the members who voice their opinions,the 'States' still have 'freedom of speech''. :biggrin:

I think freedom of speech is demonstrated admirably on this thread with peoples varying opinions, the states don't have a monopoly on it.

I THINK NOTTINGHAM DOWNPLAYED IT COPEARED TO SOME THE LITTLE DERBYSHITE TOWNS I WENT THROUGH ON FRIDAY MATLOCK,BAKEWELL AND BUXTON ALL HAD THINGS IN THEIRE PARKS TO ENTERTAIN THE CROWDS FEFORE AND AFTER THE TOURCH WENT THROUGH, I KNOW BUXTON HAD A BIG LORRY WITH A BAND AS WE PAST BY AND LOTS OF OTHER SPORTY TYPE THINGS ON THE PARK NEAR THE RD LOOKED INTERESTING.

Too the above post !

Nottingham had all that & more its the same show put on by Coca-Cola, Lloyds TSB and Samsung the three Presenting Partners of the Olympic Torch Relay ! See below .

You probably needed to be there to pass any comment?

It's here tomorrow :(

I saw a truck load of crowd control barriers arriving this after noon all for about one hours of "fun & games" what a farce.

The town & roads around Loughborough will suffer disruption for most of the day.

I'm staying well away.

Watched a program on TV the other night.

Reporting on funding being withdrawn from thousands of small community projects across the country.

Lottery money being ploughed into London instead.

The projects were promised that the Money will be paid back to them after the Olympics!

However there was also mention of the year 2022!

I would think there may be a different government in place by then?

In other words, the money is lost for good.

London 2012 Olympics: Charities who lost funding to pay for the Games 'won't see their money for another decade'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/london-2012/9366935/London-2012-Olympics-Charities-who-lost-funding-to-pay-for-the-Games-wont-see-their-money-for-another-decade.html

MG Read:

I think freedom of speech is demonstrated admirably on this thread with peoples varying opinions, the states don't have a monopoly on it.

The States don't even have a monopoly on monopoly....................................USA doesn't own the world, they just think they do..........................