What we used to wear in summer

What I used to wear (and still do): Knotted Hankie, shorts and wellies.

Back in the fifties us kids wore khaki shorts held up with a snake belt, Empire made of course!!

THAT JUST REMINDS ME OF MY YOUNGER BROTHER WITH HIS SKINNY LEGS AND KNOTT KNEES

I seem to remember shorts and welly boots being common attire when at the seaside (often a plastic "mac" too!)

the legs yes the shorts the short trousers look morelike the grey school trousers the lads used to wear the shorts i was thinking about more a light weight cotton in sand or karki coulors

but i had dresses like that for best all different colours school dresses were usualy check

the legs yes the shorts the short trousers look morelike the grey school trousers the lads used to wear the shorts i was thinking about more a light weight cotton in sand or karki coulors

but i had dresses like that for best all different colours school dresses were usualy check

Yes I meant the legs!! that was my Sunday best in the picture khaki shorts were for playing in.

Good grief!! What have I started here? all this talk of vests n' bodices..................not to mention rubber buttons? We'll be discussing the virtues of knitted swimwear next.....................itchy when dry and heavy when wet, with the crutch hanging sodden like 'summat nasty 'ad 'appened' :blush:

• Upvote 1

what about the elasticated one us girls had towear mine last one was blue i got a pho of me in it on our back yard when i was about 13 . sonbathing on a blanket on a hot summers day not very flatering but i had that about 3 years as they grew with you untill i brought my first bikini.

I must put my hand up to wearing the string version of underwear.

I always found it very comfortable in hot(that's a laugh)or cold weather.It did however leave a pattern on ones skin when one took it off.Got a few giggles from the girls that did.

Nowadays in the sunshine capital of the world it's just a pair of shorts and a singlet in the summer and as much clothing as i can get on in the winter.

Baz :ninja: