OH NO!!!! They are going to stop publishing The Dandy in December....what are we going to do????

I will be suicidal if they stop The Beano!!!!!!!

I can remember laying on the sofa with a blanket over me when I lived in Grainger Street as a kid. I had some illness that had stopped me going to the Arkwright School on London Road. I can remember my Mum getting me the Dandy, Beano and the Hotspur to read to keep me out of mischief. It's a shame that it will be no more. 'Daft I call it'.

no way!! I remember my mum treating me to the beano/dandy comics when we'd have a walk down to the shop, i loved them. I still remember the smell of the paper the comics were printed onto. I might have to buy the last copy in december just to put away.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy Capp is still in the Arizona Republic every day! Braddy, I asked because I knew someone in the wholesale newspaper trade named Chris Daykin, ring any bells?

I'm not really sure how long he worked there, Braddy but I know he wasn't there in 64 as he had started at West Bridgford Urban District Council as a binman. Which in turn led him getting a council house in Bridgford with my Mum, oh, and me....I was born in August 64!!!!

braddy, haven't seen Chris Daykin in years, he married my friend who lived opposite. After a few years of marriage they were given a newsagents on Broxtowe Lane. They divorced a few years after that and my friend remarried.