Have you bin done

When they knocked meadows down we ended up at St Anns for awhile i went on snenton market and brought some 45 records when i got them home every one was scratched needless to say when i took em back the bloke was long gone Another time i purchased some perfume off a barra boy gave to a girlfriend who then dumped me seems she didnt appriciate the rash that came with it. Have you ever bin dun.

• Upvote 1

My wife is one of the best things to have happened to me.

Me too !

Never really been ripped off, I was pretty car savvy as cars were my hobby for years, we get ripped off pricewise here in oz for goods available elsewhere much cheaper, but the internet is good for purchase power.

But thats about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been done six times this year, by Lidl in Carrington.

I wonder if they tell their staff to overcharge customers, and offer the best sneers in the retail world?

They're persistent, I'll give em that.

They are handy for me to get to, and the reason I keep going there is... I don't know?

I've been well and truly shafted today! Because I had a bypass op NINE years ago, I still have to go through a medical screening questionnaire to get travel insurance. Mine expired last week, so I rang up the same company to take out a new one. My premium was £137 last year - today it's £397! Rang around and 1 company wanted (for it's Platignum policy) £750!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Not bothering next year. The missus is going to tip me over the side and feed me to the fishes.

All private medical insurance is the same. If you take any out today you are not covered for existing complaints. I found that out when I joined Health Shield when I was on the railway. It was called 'The Transport Hospital Fund' then, but it still worked the same. I was able to get discounted dentistry, chiropody and eye care etc, but anything to do with my existing circulation problems and Crohns disease was a big no no.

All private medical insurance is the same. If you take any out today you are not covered for existing complaints. I found that out when I joined Health Shield when I was on the railway. It was called 'The Transport Hospital Fund' then, but it still worked the same. I was able to get discounted dentistry, chiropody and eye care etc, but anything to do with my existing circulation problems and Crohns disease was a big no no.

Bupa covers pre-existing conditions as do many private healthcare providers but it does cost more.

I feel I've been done over every month when my wage slip arrives, seriously though the many times I have been done is my own fault because like most men I failed to read the small print or the instructions

Rog

• Upvote 1

Got done back in my Nottingham days. First car was a 57 ford Pop. Took it in for an MOT test and they told me it needed kingpins and bushings. Paid 'em and thought it was done. Following year had it tested at a different place and they said it needed, (you guessed it!). KPs and bushings. Said it was done the previous year, they said it had never been touched. Ouch!

TGC: I used to eat in the El Greco when I lived on Arundel Street. Grgeat place but never saw "The well known typing error Spike Milligna"* in there.

My kids met Eric Morecambe at a charity do in Wollaton Park. He sat them on his knee and asked if they were married. I still have the photo somewhere too.

• Upvote 2

TGC: I used to eat in the El Greco when I lived on Arundel Street. Grgeat place but never saw "The well known typing error Spike Milligna"* in there.

Your right, it was a great place to eat.

Spike was appearing somewhere in Nottingham at the time. He was on his own and a bit tipsy - but so was I at the time (a bit tipsy).

A brilliant character and genuine chap I thought.

Cheers.