• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

old ace paid a suprize visit to whitehart on thursday night said it took them 15 and a half hours to get across on the ferry from shetland to aberdeen instead of usual 12 hours at the rate this weathe

I really hope that was a poor attempt at a joke on your part. Because, as you've never had kids of your own, you will never, ever, be able to appreciate the pain we will all go through tomorrow when

We got back to the Auld Rock OK. The weather here is sunny with a slight frost at night. When we were in Notts I had hoped to visit Wollaton Park, but decided against it because of the ice underfoot.

It dumped loads here at around 13.00 hrs , then it rained and washed a lot of it away, but there's still an inch of slush!

we been out since about 12 snow was very light we had to go to my sisters at arnold and then to daves sister in kirkby not too bad when we left arnold by the time we got too kirkby in ashfield it was comming quick and fast guess what she wont in turned back towards home slow going but got home safe and sound. got to ring sister in law soon cause its very unusual for her not to be in and her mobility scooter was in front room.

You lot have nothing to complain about...

Feb2013_zps5cbd8557.jpg

Lake Michigan, the entrance to the channel, and the beach at Pentwater, Michigan. February 1st, 2013

:) The dreaded snow; it's with us again! And I thought - or hoped - we'd seen the last of it. I've been counting the days - so looking forward to Spring being almost around the corner - seems as though I've been punished for my wishful thinking.

I detest being housebound; love to either nip off in my car or catch a bus somewhere. :)

PS: Snow, snow go away, don't come back on Any Day.

yeh so were we all but not to be by the way saw first spring katkins todayin the snow on the way to kirkby

• 2 weeks later...

Luxury! It hasn't been above -1c here today - but we are expecting a warm up tomorrow - it might make the dizzying temperature of 0c, and as high as 3 on Monday!

been up into derbyshire today 3c most of the time a little bit of very fine snow but nothing to talk about today

• 3 weeks later...

Back to winter here in the Ozarks, snow forecast during the week with 30 below average temps. Our average for this time of year is 60F, daytime freezing temps are pretty rare here this time of year and we have a week of them forecast..

New Ice age???

We had 3" of the stuff yesterday morning - followed by a very pretty, sunny day. Today is sunny again, but not expected to get above freezing! More snow Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

dont knowbeen in bed most of the dayfeelling so tiered keep falling asleep . dave went fishing this morning with the 93 year old he takes with him once a fortnight they came home early said it was so cold and wet and had not caught much so packed in early.

It's been lovely here today! I even went swimming !! Then shopping not wearing my coat !!

Last week, just finished enduring nine days straight of 30C+ with an average of 34C per day and around 20C+ per night.

One night was even 32C at midnight and down to 27C just before dawn.

Out around the State, regular readings of 38-40C the further inland you go.

No rain, lawn dead with grass brown and crunching into pieces underfoot, too hot to do anything outside. Electric cooling bills and ice cold beer consumption on the increase.

That was last week.....................................................

Last two days 25C and 20C respectively, rain and high winds. Low temps overnight and the gas heating in use!

We can't complain though, the poor bloody Queenslanders are developing webbed feet. Repeat cyclones, hurricanes, massive floods on a regular basis up there. Over the past few months, no sooner do they get back to their houses and clean up the mess, if their homes are still there, than it all happens again. No beaches left on the Gold Coast, regular pictures on the TV of families who have lost their homes and all their possessions, businesses that have been washed out.

The climate is definitely a tad poorly these days: no matter what or who you believe is at fault.