A Comforting Smile

I remember the day he died in '59. I was talking to my mate and my Mum in the front garden at Staverton road Bilborough when brother tony rushed in saying Buddy Holly had died in a plane crash. I was 6 at the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the early hours of Thursday morning, once again I found myself at W-ton New Cross in need of assistance, and I want to praise all of the people who looked after me so caringly. I have been in the p

Hi Carni, I do hope you are feeling better soon, how frightening for you to have to be whisked to the emergency room so often. Getting old ain't for cissies, is it. I hope the doc can sort you out in

Hello Everyone, I am getting so many lovely messages from you all that I want you to know that at this moment I am fine. I have a problem that doesn't go away but is mainly under control. Occasional

Carni, been off line a bit over the last few weeks and missed this thread so I am so pleased that you are on the up again mi duck. Your task now as you've passed the 6000 mark is to gerra move on and catch up with Trevor so ya can get yersen back onto the top table.

So good that you are looked after so well in hospital, you really do appreciate such wonderful staff when you're in there as we've been finding these last month's ourselves.

All the best, I know yer` ll keep smiling!

• Upvote 2

Take care Carni , a bit of spring sunshine and you will feel right as ninepence !! (Where's that saying from ?)

• Upvote 1

Hello Everyone,

I am getting so many lovely messages from you all that I want you to know that at this moment I am fine. I have a problem that doesn't go away but is mainly under control. Occasionally it goes out of control and that's when I have to end up at Hospital. I really am Ok. In fact I might even get on my cycle in the morning. In between attacks you would never guess I have a problem, I am touched by your kindness everyone.

• Upvote 4

Just caught up with this thread after returning from Holiday.

Hope you are feeling better soon as it is always a pleasure to Chat with the two Chris's at our meet ups.

Long overdue and that's what I say!

• Upvote 1

I saw a sign somewhere the other day saying "If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours"

Thought of you Carni, might use that saying myself quite a lot in the future

Rog

• Upvote 2