I expect others have seen this appeal but help is wanted identifying this family that were featured on the cover of a book about St.Anns in the 60s

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-22612954

Not by the length of her coat and skirt...and the childs Anorak.....i'de say 60's.

I agree Fynger, for same reasons!!

Before the 60's kids 'anoraks' were 'windcheaters' & did not have hoods

Judging by the 2nd and 3rd photos and the angle of the pavement against the doorstep its a very steep road . Any ideas which one ?

I'll vote for Pym street too, though don't know the people.

Does look to be 60's in style.

Where have I seen this photo before? Thought it might have been in one of Joy James' books but can't find it there.

It's the front cover on the book in the fourth picture.

"One of the photographs was featured on the cover of a Penguin book called Poverty: The Forgotten Englishmen, by Nottingham academics Ken Coates and Richard Silburn."

Thanks Beef, I'll open up the links in future before I ask stupid questions!

Was looking at the book some months back at the Saturday Night & Sunday Morning exhibition at The Lakeside.

It could also be one of the many steep terraces in St Ann's too, I don't think it's Pym street, I don't recall those type of tiles on the pavements, but it's been over 50 years since I lived near or walked up and down Pym St.

This is how I remember Pym Street,

NTGM002211.jpg

My memory of Pym Street was always tarmac pavements.....That first street on the right in the photo I posted I think was Moffat Street, I think it had pavers as the pavement, but from memory, it was nowhere near as steep as Pym Street.

As kids during the 50's we used to go at high speed down Pym Street on scooters, so it had to have been a smooth surface..

I'm stuck with where the photo was taken, most pavements I recall were either flagstone or tarmac when I was growing up in the 50's.

Now, cobbled roads, loads of those in St Anns, Swanwick Street comes to mind as one of them. I'm even sure Pym Street was cobbled when I was growing up, later to be surfaced with tarmac.

certainly looks very 60s/70s to me by the clothes younger woman and child in anorack wearing and those paving stones all over st anns sts very slippery when wet or icyproberly why they tarmaced over them all by the late 60s.