Newark Explosion.

Natural Gas.

Petroleum vapour

Leaking gas cylinders

I have known the front of a house blown out by build up of gas from one of those automatic air freshener sprays.

Number 3 may have applied, but we do not know at present.

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1.Always and inevitably each of us underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

2.The probability that a given person is stupid is independent of any other characteristic possessed by that person.

3.A person is stupid if they cause damage to another person or group of people without experiencing personal gain, or even worse causing damage to themselves in the process.

4.Non-stupid people always underestimate the harmful potential of stupid people; they constantly forget that at any time anywhere, and in any circumstance, dealing with or associating themselves with stupid individuals invariably constitutes a costly error.

5.A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person there is.

We have a House of Commons full then?

Why would a family home contain hydrogen, nnsc?

I don't know, my answer was maybe and I did state another type of gas of which hydrogen just happened to be the first gas that came into my head - if that explains it Stan.

Well I've tried my hardest and can't find anything to suggest something else !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-22600294

So can you show us mere mortals, in this septic isle, where you got that story from ?

Beefy your report is dated 20/05, yesterday the emergency services declared that it was not a natural gas explosion. There was no escape either internally or on the service pipework. The report was on BBC midlands.

Funnily enough I had the same conversation with the wife when we both heard the report. I personally can't think of anything that could cause that amount of damage that would be legally in a domestic property.

Unless someone had a gas welding kit in there.

Colin

Don't forget "sewer gas" - typically mostly methane. It can escape from a very small hole or crack in a sewer line, and could easily accumulate in a basement or enclosed area.