What instruments do you play

My husband's claim to fame is that he once sat on Reginald Dixon's knee!!! RD was a friend of his Dad and visited occasionally. And before any of you ask if he was playing the organ at the time, the answer is NO. I'm chuckling cos that sounds a bit rude!

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

E-yar, Carni. managed to find the link, Hadn't posted it. No wish to bore anybody, May bring back a memory or two. Still a bit slow and timing is not consistent. Vdeos really take you down a peg

As I wrote in #18 I played the flute with a group called Hawthorne, I remember on one occasion, I tried to do a Jethro Tulle and play standing on one leg, but gravity or too much beer, got the better

I can play the piano a bit

I've played a megger, multimeter, O scope, and a few other instruments, I was good on the megger though.....LOL

Everyone should play at least one musical instrument, no matter how badly. I have ventured on the piano, violin, mandolin, banjolele, French horn, guitar, organ, keyboard, piano accordian, and harmonica to my memory. I am no master at any one of these, but I have played in a few bands and thoroughly enjoyed being exceptionally mediocre, (well, nearly) ..whilst dreaming of greatness.

I have been luckly to have owned some superb and rare instruments, in my time. A few years ago, I suffered a serious hand injury to my right hand, which left it half paralysed, but I still own a Yamaha 9000 Pro, and I am hoping that sometime in my retirement, I will have another bash. If you have never played an instrument: you really should put it on your bucket list.

• Upvote 1

Well here's another instalment for you. Recorded Monday 23rd Feb 2015

I hope you like a bit of a look around the church. I recorded this in HD but unfortunately it would make a file so big it would take a long time to upload even on a fast connection so I scaled it back to 360p not high definition and not as sharp as I'd like, but I had to compromise.

I realize the music will not be to all your tastes in fact the last item is pretty heavy but powerful IMHO. I'm certainly not in the class of the guy I posted a link to the other day, but this is the first time I've ever even tried to play that work publicly and I do find it very moving. Before I post anymore I will try to learn one or two lighter works.

"How Much is that Doggy in the Window" comes to mind but I am not aware of a version for organ. :biggrin:

Voice is a bit muffled due to distance from camera and reverberation. As I noted before headphones are best if you want to hear the low bass of the organ.

None of us is getting younger, but I would never have dreamed of being able to do this a couple of years ago and I am thankful for a good teacher. That said, if you want to paint a picture, learn how to weave a rug, speak another language. While we are still breathing it is never too late.

You never know you might end up on Youtube. smile2

• Upvote 3