Page Errors (was Zyma)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prioritise Mick balls to this go and sort your father in law mate nowt spoiling here that cant be sorted later if they dont like it tough hope they sort him mate

Maybe it's God's judgement on all the bickering and politics that has taken over the site.

Have been back on now for the past 30 minutes or so and it would appear to be working normally. Many thanks to mick2me and his loyal assistants for fixing (?) the problem.

Posted Images

Heres one of the problems.

Spambot registrations.

Every new registration here is checked against Spambot databases, checking username/email address/IP address.

Those that are known Spambots or IPs are blocked and logged on the databases.

In the last 24 hours 84 spambot registrations were blocked and sent to 'Stopforumspam' and 'Projecthoneypot'

spambots011213_zps3b908d8b.jpg

Heres one full record, following the links will show how prolific these little buggers are!

Registration Block
A user has been blocked from registering. Details regarding the registration attempt have been provided below.
Username: bfz0duir9i6
IP Address: 192.95.37.253
Email Address: f.r.esh.w.at.er.j.fzz@gmail.com

Username Records: 0 (StopForumSpam)
IP Records: 5459 (StopForumSpam)
Email Records: 75 (StopForumSpam)
Threat Level: 47 (ProjectHoneyPot)
For more information regarding the history of this user, visit the following websites.
Report provided by Stop Spammer Registration for IP.Board.

I can't recall the name of them Mick, but to make sure a registration is human or machine, can't you add one of those word registrations, ie type the word into a box.. That stops spambots dead in their tracks.

Mick, 84 spambots in 24 hrs amounts to 1 every 1,000 seconds. Given that a properly setup commercial server can handle hundreds of such requests a second, one every one thousands seconds is nothing. You really need to look elsewhere.

When my server was the subject of a DDOS - Distributed Denial of Service, attack I was getting 20 hits per seconds.So yes that killed my machine for the duration of the attack, but it still responded to each one.

Alison

Have you any knowledge of using this system?

Also Jailshell SSH access has been enabled for your account. Connection is available on the server via port 21098.
You can find more information about how to access your hosting account via SSH at:
http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/1016/89/how-to-access-my-hosting-account-via-ssh

Don't profess to have any particular knowledge of IBoard forum software, but have run stacks of other webserver sofware - Joomla, Mambo, Wordpress, Drupal, SMF, etc.etc. etc. and definitely know my way around Apache, PHP and MySQL. There should be a pile of server setup parameters within IPBoard. Parameters relating to caching, java and page compression, stay-alive entry points, etc. Plus PHP allocated memory, whether memchache is enabled, etc.

Having SSH - secure shell access isn't that important. It just means you can run CLI progs, like updates. For instance Drupal has Drush, which has numerous very powerful shell scripts which need to be run via SSH.

PS. Got alot on at present, not sure that I could give it the time it needs though.

I sent hosting support another support ticket

Here is current usage, Not sure how CPU usage is apportioned?

Physical Memory 1G?

Virtual Memory 4G?

Current Usage

Description - Usage/Limit - Fault

CPU Usage 0.0% /100% -

inodes usage 29719/300000 -

I/O usage 0/1024 -

Entry Processes 0/20 - 0

Physical Memory Usage 16.84M / 1.00G - 0

Virtual Memory Usage 0.00k / 4.00G - 0

Reply from Hosting Support...

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in reply.
We've checked your error logs and found some "Could not allocate memory" errors.
To provide more memory for your php scripts we've enabled default php.ini and increased memory limit to 512 M
As we can see, your resource usage has normal values now.
Please track your account's performance and inform us if the issue remains.

Reply from Hosting Support...

We've checked your error logs and found some "Could not allocate memory" errors.

To provide more memory for your php scripts we've enabled default php.ini and increased memory limit to 512 M

As I said previously:

Plus PHP allocated memory, whether memchache is enabled, etc.

Still got problems though. Every alternate access brings up error messages on my website diagnostics system.

Zyma were the previous host provider, not the current one. The reason why it used to crop up was that the "server error 500" error message was one of theirs. I did a cheap and cheerful tweak to the code to remove the reference to them.

• Upvote 1