Something never expected.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to work last Monday morning feeling fine, just after lunchtime I happened to be in Ilkeston & BANG, had a heart attack. Totally unexpected & never thought it would happen to me, just how

You Nottstagians have really cheered me up, I would like to Thank You all individually for your kind thoughts, but it would take up too much space. So please accept a Great Big Thank You for you all t

Postman called today with a letter from the hospital. Four weeks ago today I went in for a 4 hour "Procedure". My follow up appointment is ..............................May 2015. Talk about confide

Thanks for your comments all. I think it may be done by that eminent Russian surgeon - Professor Chopabolokov.

Well. One has to laugh. It keeps me from worrying about it.

• Upvote 3

While we are on the subject of men's round things (they are oval, in fact), and straying slightly away from the topic, I am reminded of a story told to me years ago by a chap I worked with. He had a friend who was getting dressed in his bedroom and sans trousers sat on the bed. The mattress was not on the bed and he sat on the cross-wired bed frame. As he did so his weight pressed down and expanded the segments. His round things dropped through the segments. When he stood up the segments retracted to their original size and....

• 4 weeks later...

I have just got home from another unexpected day in New Cross Hospital. I am still having a few problems and this is the second visit since my procedure in August. Lots of tests, more next week and a visit to see the cadiologist in November. As soon as my heart has recovered from the OP they will start to take me off the meds. So just the healing time, and fingers crossed for November.

We just happened to pass GREGGS on the way home. smile2

• Upvote 5

0-1 0-2 0-3 and now 0-4 my psa levels I should not have a reading I have had my prostate removed,looks like radiotherapy next month like Rog said could do without it.still might help us move on a Rog.

Carni Catfan ,and anyone else suffering at the moment all the best.

• Upvote 3

I have just got home from another unexpected day in New Cross Hospital. I am still having a few problems and this is the second visit since my procedure in August. Lots of tests, more next week and a visit to see the cadiologist in November. As soon as my heart has recovered from the OP they will start to take me off the meds. So just the healing time, and fingers crossed for November.

We just happened to pass GREGGS on the way home. smile2

Carni

Put your hands in the air and step away from the pasty.

Best wishes from me that it works out OK.

• Upvote 1

Andy C

PSA of 4 is OK so far, its the doubling rate that you should take note of. Ask the urologist of the PSA doubling rate and he will tell you. 0-1 and then 0-2 then 0-3 is a slow doubling rate. If its 4 to 8 then 16 within a few weeks then there are problems.

it sounds like you have a team which is carefully monitoring you and will get you straight on to a treatment plan quickly. In any case you have my best wishes.

Andy,i stopped reading up on PC some weeks ago,but reading what you've said i went back on the Macmilan site and ive read your problem is not uncommon,suggest you have a look,it should help and be a comfort to you.