Something never expected.

Went to work last Monday morning feeling fine, just after lunchtime I happened to be in Ilkeston & BANG, had a heart attack. Totally unexpected & never thought it would happen to me, just how wrong can you be.

A quick ambulance ride to the QMC followed by a very fast ride to the City Hospital (during the evening rush hour). I had a surgical procedure at the City Hospital as soon as we got there. but have to go back again for some more soon.

All the treatment I received was totally first class, certainly no complaints from me at all. So, where to go now ? never been off work before, could be months said the consultant, or in this job not at all, we shall see.

Thanks for listening, catfan. (Mike)

• Upvote 8
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to work last Monday morning feeling fine, just after lunchtime I happened to be in Ilkeston & BANG, had a heart attack. Totally unexpected & never thought it would happen to me, just how

You Nottstagians have really cheered me up, I would like to Thank You all individually for your kind thoughts, but it would take up too much space. So please accept a Great Big Thank You for you all t

Postman called today with a letter from the hospital. Four weeks ago today I went in for a 4 hour "Procedure". My follow up appointment is ..............................May 2015. Talk about confide

WOW! That stinks - but good to hear you were well, and promptly, treated and the outcome is positive.

Take care of yourself - and do what the Doc says!

• Upvote 1

Oh my goodness Mike, how terrible for you. The good thing was that you were not far from two great hospitals and received quick treatment. Get well soon and keep taking the tablets!

• Upvote 1

I'm really sorry to read about your heart attack, catfan but pleased that you're ok now. There seems to be a few posts on Nottstalgia lately with members having health problems. I would imagine that a high percentage of members would be over sixty years of age so this is to be expected. Like loppylugs states (#2), we need to try and enjoy every day as it comes. On second thoughts, though, it's easy to enjoy life when you have money and a good home, not when you're skint and live in a dump. I also think that, after reading about other hospitals around the country, we are very lucky to have the QMC and City Hospital in Nottingham.

• Upvote 3

Catfan,

I am sorry to read that you have had a Heart Attack, But thank goodness you have got through it Ok. You will receive follow up treatment and it sounds as though you have two very good Hospitals to rely on. I understand how shocked you are that it has happened to you, and totally unexpected. It is very frightening when these things happen out of the blue. My husband had the same thing happen. He was just sitting watching television and as you say Bang...Heart Attack. He had 2 Stents put in and 4yrs down the line he is Ok. I too had a Stroke in the middle of the night and though I was ill for a number of years, I am Ok now, but have had to make life style changes. The reason I have told you this is to give you confidence that life can get back to normal after such a shock and we send our best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

• Upvote 1

As Michael and Loppylugs have said already, there does seem to be quite a few of us Nottstalgians going through very difficult times following major health issues and distressing life-changing events just recently. We never know what is round the corner nor what will be thrown our way. My thoughts and best wishes go to all who are struggling at the moment and I hope that better times will soon be here for you.

• Upvote 6

They tried to insert a stent Carni, but was unable to access the artery cos it was completely blocked & solid. Two arteries are like this unfortunately, causing blood flow problems to my legs.

Oh well !

Sorry to hear this, but take care of yourself and let the hospitals do their job and you'll soon be back to good health

Rog

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear about your 'heart event' as they call them. I can agree with the opinion about the Trent Cardiac Centre. I had the choice of Trent or Glenfield for my aortic valve replacement and chose Trent. They were brilliant in every way. Even the food was decent!

I`m sure they`ll be working on finding the way forward for your problem.

Best wishes and good vibrations coming your way!

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that Catfan , best wishes and that they sort you out swiftly .

As I am approaching 65 just had my Good Health Check letter from the local surgery and going next week for it .

I'm generally fit and not too over-weight but am dreading what the cholesterol count will be , as I am one of those people that are always hungry and could easily eat a whole packet of chocolate digestives in one go , (though I do stop myself !) .

Last week , because of my age , I was sent for a test for something that I had never heard of.......an Abdominal Aortic Scan.

An ultrasound peering into your abdomen . apparently men of a certain age can have an aneurysm but fortunately I was OK for that one .

• Upvote 1