Welcome Richard,

You mention Alfred St North in you post. My Relatives lived on Vicarage St until the Demolition of the area. I hope you enjoy Nottstalgia, Be prepared, you can get addicted once you start! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER NOW FOR JUST OVER FOUR YEARS AND HAVE ENJOYED EVERY MOMENTBOTH ON HERE AND AT THE MEET UPS . NOT ONLY HAVE I MADE NEW FRIENDS BUT ITS HELPED TO BUILD UP MY CONNFIDENCE IN RIGHTING MY MEMORIES IN A PUBLIC SITE. I SUFFER FROM DYSLEXIA MAKING WRIGHTING AND SPELLING DIFFICULT FOR ME MOST OF THE LONG TERM MEMBERS KNOW MY PROBLEM AND ARE NOW USED TO MY CRAPPY SPELLINGAND ARE ABLETO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING. SOMETIMES EVEN I HAVE DIFFICULTIES UNDERSTANDING WHAT I HAVE RITTEN BUT AT LEAST I TRY.

VERBALY ANYBODY WHO HAS MET ME SOON REALIZES IM NOT NEARLY AS STUPID AS I SOUND IN MY POSTS SOME TIMES.

• Upvote 3

DONT WORRY MELLISA I AM ME WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET AND SOMETIMES IT JUST FLOWS AS THE MEMORIES KEEP FLOODING BACK TO ME THEN AT OTHER TIMES I LOOK AT MY POSTS IN THE MORNING OR A COUPLE OF DAYS LATTER AND IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS GOBBLDEGOOK EVEN TO ME. BUT DO I LET CERTAIN OTHER PEOPLE COMMENTS BOTHER ME A BIG FAT NO I CAN SOON TAKE THEM TO TASK AND DO SOMETIMES BUT AS MY HUBBY USED TO SAY HE USED TO TAKE MY LETTERS TO THE INTELIGENCE DEPT WHEN HE WAS IN THE RAF TO GET THEM DECIPHERED BUT AT LEAST I WROTE TO HIM,. I WHOULD ALWAYS START BY SAY JUST A QUICK SHORT LETTER TO SEE IF YOU STILL ALIVE AND LET YOU KNOW IM OK. THAT LETTER OFTEN ENDED UP 8-10 PAGES LONG AS I REMEMBERED MORE THINGS I NEEDED TO TELL HOM OR ASK HIM.

• Upvote 1

MOST OF THE TIME YES IM VERY NICE MAKE A GOOD FRIEN BUT HEVENHELP ANYBODY WHO UPSETS ME THEY CERTAINLY GET WHAT FOR AND I DONT FORGIVE EASILYCAN BE VERY STUBURN I I THINK IM IN THE RIGHT BUT I WILL ALWAYS APPOLGIZE IF I REALIZE OR FIND OUT I WAS IN THE WRONG IT WAS REALLY MY FAULT

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone.

I am John Palmer, no not Dick Turpin's Dad! I was born on Mansfield Street Sherwood in 1952 and went to Haydn Road Nursery and then juniors etc ending up at that dreadful school Claremont Secondary Bilateral. When I married we couldn't find a house in Sherwood they were to expensive so looked further afield and settled in Eastwood. Had children both doing very well for themselves and we have grandchildren.

In my spare time, of which I have to much on my hands as I don't work, I tinker with my vintage car and I am also building another project which is proving to be a bit of a money sponge at the moment but getting there. If anyone has an interest please get back to me. Regards to all.

• Upvote 3

Good to have you on board ModelTMan, I'm sure you'll be contacted by someone with a similar interest. Happy posting.

• Upvote 1

Hi John, welcome, looking forward to your posts.

On here you will not only find lots of interesting things about Nottingham, but also what a friendly (hopefully) and knowledgeable (certainly) bunch of members we are.

Smiffy

Ay Up John, welcome to the Forum, you'll find lots of interesting stuff on here so get browsing and posting. We are both blessed (?) with the same Family name but I don't think that we are related.

There are a few on here who are also into car renovation, one in the Antipodes, another in the New World, I wish that I had the ability but I have to be content with just looking and reading!

hello you & welcome My sister & I went to Haydn nusery & infants school We lived in Haydn Ave moved to Carlton 1956ish & still live there. Do you remember Mr Martin headmaster has a swimming pool named after him Beechdale I think .Look forward to reading your posts .Ann

hello you & welcome My sister & I went to Haydn nusery & infants school We lived in Haydn Ave moved to Carlton 1956ish & still live there. Do you remember Mr Martin headmaster has a swimming pool named after him Beechdale I think .Look forward to reading your posts .Ann

ken Martin leisure centre in Bulwell ?