Oops It's Upside Down

I have finished wallpapering the window wall and the long wall in the spare bed room. Standing back and admiring my fantastic

paper hanging job! Ahem....I have just put up two drops on the recess that Chris knocked through to build a built in wardrobe as the room is a little on the small side. Mmmm that's odd! the little yellow flowers on this wall are pointing down, were the other two walls they are pointing upwards! Must be faulty, it can't possibly be my fault!! Can it? :crazy: So long as who ever sleeps in that room, doesn't decide to get in the wardrobe and have a look round (when it's finished) my secret will be safe. Shhh, I won't tell if you don't! Come on then....time to own up, anyone else done any crafty cover ups.

• Upvote 5

When we moved into the house we are in now it took a while for me to realise why the bedroom wall paper looked odd and yes eventually it dawned on me one strip was upside down.

John decorated a couple of years ago while I was at one of the daughters, and asked me to spot his deliberate mistake when I got back! Took a while but I found it. He had forgotten to do the bit underneath the dressing table part of the fitted wardrobe. We have decided to leave it to see if anyone else notices it. :rolleyes:

The last time i did any "wallpapering" was 1970,my 1st wife had left me,and i moved a "hippy girl" girl in from "Chelmsley wood" and she wanted the whole house re papering with chipwood and painted "orange",it looked like "the house of the riseing sun". :)

I subscribe to a couple of top woodworking magazines, they are mostly for craft people and pros who work with wood, one of them has a "goofs" page, men and women who should know better, some were down right dangerous and they were lucky to get away with their mistakes, others are totally hilarious.

So I wouldn't worry about some upside down wallpaper...LOL

In the 1970s I bought a tie from Petticoat Lane Market in London.

The tie was somewhat wider than those of today, a beautiful silk tie embossed with some kind of fancy crests embroidered all over it.

A bargain at 50p :) Until I got it home and put it on to wear it. All the crests were upside down :)

I couldn't understand how I had managed to get the paper upside down! Then I realised, I had one drop left on a roll that I had put a little split in, and didn't want to use it on a wall that mattered. When I came to use it, I didn't notice that I had let it roll up the wrong way .Because the wall I was using it up on was not near the two previous walls I had papered, it was not obvious until I stood back to admire my fantastic work. Not! :biggrin:

Yes Rob.L

And I had a 118 moustache too :)

BET YOU WERE A "BABE MAGNET" Mick,

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many have gone all day with their tee shirts inside out and only found out when they took it off at night........LOL

Had me jockey's on inside out, same problem...LOL

Iam useless at DIY so I leave it to my other half or get my son to do it, it has now come to the stage where, if anyone sees me with a hammer or any DIY tool in my hand, they will say "I will do that for you" and take the tool off me.............

Ditto to that MELTON STILTON,but we must have other Qualities that more than make up for it..but i cant think what they are :)

• Upvote 1

Remember the early 70s when SWMBO wanted a tudor look in the lounge , complete with brass and copper ornaments . Couldnt afford or know how to fix real wood to the ceiling so made some "oak" beams out of chunky lengths of polystyrene packing !

Used a knife heated over a gas flame to grain and notch bits out to give it a "hewn" look and then painted with black paint and glued to ceiling . (fire risk ....! )

Bit disconcerting though when you are sitting watching TV of an evening and one of them comes unstuck and crashes down in front of you !

• Upvote 3

My wife and I always do papering together these days. I write 'Top' at the top rear of any paper I am pasting or I would end up doing the same as Carni.

• Upvote 1

How do you see top when it's written on the back......where's me 'at and coat.....

Finished papering the recess today, (Fitted Wardrobe), and because the papers upside down, I had to put the border on upside down to match it. :biggrin:​ I know you won't see it when the doors are on and the clothes are hanging up, but I had spare paper so Why Not use it!! Lol :biggrin:

• Upvote 1