Again, this may well have appeared in the files but it would be interesting to hear of some favourite quotations. Here are a couple.

'Anyone who hates dogs and children can't be all bad' - W.C. Fields (who else?)

After hearing a tale of a man who was chased up a tree by a buffalo, then hanged the same from a branch;

'If this man was not a liar, he missed it by the skin of his teeth' - Mark Twain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

Learn from yesterday,Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.......Unknown Source One day your life will flash before your eyes.Make sure it's worth watching......Unknown Source Be not afraid of going slo

We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight. Milton Berle

She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails. - Elizabeth Edwards

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw

There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. - Nelson Mandela

I LOVE quotations,...................a good one can say so much,with so few words..............................Benjamin 1945..

Books of which i have hundreds (mostly factual) are becoming obsolete are'nt they,everything you want to know is on the internet,my books now are more or less ornaments,the Grandkids say get rid' grandad,but i cant do it,even the wife now says it,.

It brought it home again with bubblewraps previous post,my 'Little OXFORD dictionary of Quotations' dont need it do i?

Must go,ive got a Banana at home going black'........................Norman Clegg when bored with someones conversation,...........i use it often,much to the wifes annoyance.

Thumpers wise words from Bambi

"If you can't say somefing nice, then don't say nuffing at all!"

Anyone can build a nest but it isn't everyone who can lay an egg - Stan Laurel

I like work, it fascinates me; I can sit and look at it for hours; sometimes I take it down and dust it. Jerome K.Jerome

He had the sort of face that once seen is never remembered - Oscar Wilde

“Religion is like a pair of shoes.....Find one that fits for you, but don't make me wear your shoes.”

― George Carlin

• Upvote 1

Books of which i have hundreds (mostly factual) are becoming obsolete are'nt they,everything you want to know is on the internet,my books now are more or less ornaments,the Grandkids say get rid' grandad,but i cant do it,even the wife now says it,.

It brought it home again with bubblewraps previous post,my 'Little OXFORD dictionary of Quotations' dont need it do i?

Sorry to disagree with you Benjamin

What happens when the power goes down ?

I too have hundreds of books(200+ on Nottingham/shire alone)

I do not read or buy fiction & often buy & put on the shelf to read later(much in some cases)

I have bought over 60 books this year alone(mostly secondhand)

I DON'T disagree with you 'bubblewrap' its just that i have all these books and very seldom read em any more, and i know i'll never part with em.

Here lies the mother of children seven,

four on earth and three in heaven;

The three in heaven preferring rather

to die with mother than live with father.

Unknown.