why people have no faith in the police

A bit of an update, car has been written off today, insurance have offered a bit more than what the car is worth.

Police sergeant has just told me that they have spoken to the driver, who admits the crash, but thought that they had hit a lamp post whilst doing a 3 point turn! They have given me all of the insurance details. The surprising thing is that the driver was a young girl.

Insurance company have been excellent, collected the car monday, and dropped off a courtesy car at the same time, assessed it and contacted my engineer, who decide to write the car off, I thought that the process would take weeks.

• Upvote 4

@taxiray

I'm very pleased that you managed to get a satisfactory conclusion to this, although it looks to me as though you've done all the work. Had you not reviewed the CCTV evidence and done some investigative work yourself to find the driver, I doubt whether the police would have bothered.

So, well done. Your persistence has paid off.

taxi ray, I'm so pleased that things have turned out well for you. The extra bit of effort you put in has certainly paid off. It's a pity that the police didn't put in the same amount of effort, like they should have done.

Melissa, it's been proved that the ladies are the safest drivers on the road. The worst are the young males.

• Upvote 1

Went for an early morning pee a couple of days ago. 3.30am. Not another car in sight on Hucknall Rd but the effing siren was blaring out as they raced by. Next day, 3.50am same again. Antagonistic twat5. They're not sleeping so they don't want anyone else to.

Also, coming out of town along Castle Blvd. a car was infringing parking regs so did they give him a ticket and just leave it.

No, the car removal lorry was there in the outbound lane and accompanying police car was there blocking traffic for ages.

4.30 PM on a Friday afternoon. I ask you, why couldn't they just leave it and remove it later. Thoughtless w4nk3ers.

Respect them,you're effing joking !

My bp's fine thank you Michael. I'll put some Rory on in a bit, when madams gone out.

Madams gone, but I've got the Allmans blasting out. Can you hear it from Hucknall Rd. I'll turn it up a bit Michael. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Went for an early morning pee a couple of days ago. 3.30am. Not another car in sight on Hucknall Rd but the effing siren was blaring out as they raced by. Next day, 3.50am same again. Antagonistic twat5. They're not sleeping so they don't want anyone else to. !

Problem is BR that if they're on an emergency call, health and safety kick in. If some drunken driver pulled out and the Police car hit it the first thing that would come up would be how fast was the Police car going, was it sounding its sirens and you can bet that it would all be the Police's fault and nothing to do with the drunken idiot. It's not necessarily the Police being inconsiderate.

Meybe not, but it's irritating !

Perfect parking on the wrong side of the road, 4 wheels on the pavement.

Untitled_zps0d125513.jpg

Just for information, parking on a pavement is not a contravention in Nottingham as long as you leave sufficient space for pedestrians to pass and there are no yellow lines adjacent. Parking on the road pictured would have blocked the cycle lane so the pavement could be seen as the lesser of two evils. The pavement on the other side is too narrow to park on.

taxi ray you were lucky, imagine you had no CCTV, you would have been none the wiser, Well done fella.

And the bitch thought she had hit a lamp post, a lamp post my arse.

She still ought to be prosecuted.

• Upvote 2

I've seen cars and vans get a ticket whilst being parked in the pavement on Valley Rd.

If a householder is having work carried out at their home, where the hell is the contractor expected to park. Ludicrous !

• Upvote 1

I've seen cars and vans get a ticket whilst being parked in the pavement on Valley Rd.

If a householder is having work carried out at their home, where the hell is the contractor expected to park. Ludicrous !

The reason you can be ticketed on Valley Rd is because the double yellows have force up to the property line. That's the law everywhere. No idea why as double yellows are intended to keep roads clear not pavements. You can, believe it or not, get ticketed on your own land if the public pass over it. Many of the privately owned forecourt parking areas you see can be enforced as if they were road.

I can confirm what DJB says, I was talking to a bloke in Ruddington recently & he got a ticket for parking on his extended driveway.

Something like this.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.8937084,-1.1444839,3a,75y,326.09h,82.44t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sfyIKbv1EonPqoSaNUCeswg!2e0?hl=en

#23 911 you say???? If I called 911 in the wee early hours of the morning requiring police assistance, chances are I'd be waiting a couple of hours or so, our Sheriff only has about five Deputies to cover the whole county, which isn't far short of the size of Notts.

If the only nightshift Deputy is patrolling in the northern edge of the county, I'd expect a wait of at least three hours, no good if a felon is shoooting at me trying to steal money or things to feed his drug habit.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, catfan. I can't understand why I didn't do that because I've done it so many times before. It must have been because there's so much happening at home and I didn't have my mind on what I was doing. It's been a long time since I had a dozy moment (honest) so I suppose I was due one. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1