Bought myself some new trousers, 'off the peg', they were a bit long. No problem I will get them turned up I thought?

Local shop advertises alterations but costs £12.99 nearly as much the trousers (£16).

Anyone know any reasonable place that does alterations?

There's a Middle-eastern chap in Victoria Market, right outside the fish/ meat market door. Had loads of alterations done by him, I think turning up trousers will be around £7.

There's a foreign lady has a little shop on Alfreton Rd just up from Forest Rd on the left does alterations.

£10 for a zip change, so shouldn't be too much for turnups.

Re #6. How about buying the right size in the first place !

• Upvote 2

You can make some stilted from scrap
Wood £2.

Charlesworth, ever helpful :)

Get yerself a needle.....I've been making our clothes for years now....t'aint too hard

I don't want to end up looking like a member of the Masons!

Re #6. How about buying the right size in the first place !

I liked the trousers and they were my waist size but did not have leg size, unless I wanted to look like Jimmy Crankie!

• Upvote 1

Only Mick would be chuntering on about turning up trousers at 4.30 in the morning... :laugh:

Get ya wallet out ya tight git!

Now theres a word I aint 'eard in years. "Chuntering". My grandma used to accuse my grandad of doing that all the time. Never heard of it again until today. Ahhhh! Memories. :-)

Mick are you going to TURN UP for the next meet up ,just wondered if you were able to THREAD your way through the traffic,I don't think I will be there to NEEDLE you,if you are SHORT we will have a collection for you ,if you go to meet on train let us know which PLATFORM you will be standing on,anyway did the rack stretch your legs enough to fit them trousers or did they come up SHORT.

• Upvote 1

I bet Mick wishes he'd never started this topic. LOL

Not that many useful answers have appeared.

You CREASE me up Andy !

• Upvote 1