Paranoid Society

Its about time people everywhere stood up against this PC baloney. It is certainly not stopping the kiddy fiddlers anyway. I am sick to death of it. I suppose a private place of business can set whatever rules they like. Sounds like a boycott might be necessary.

I remember some years ago in Disney Orlando Florida see a man walking quickly through the crowd.

He had his right arm and hand at a strange angle by his side. Then I saw he had a small camera and was snapping children as he walked through! A few seconds and he was gone from sight.

We don't know that this theme park did not have problems that led to this ban?

• Upvote 1

A couple of years ago we went to Whitby and went for a walk along the beach. It was a lovely day and we were going to take some photos, but thought better of it as there were children all over the place and someone might question our motives. It's a sad state of affairs nowadays. You can't even film school plays anymore. I also remember 30 years ago when the Cleveland Case hit the headlines and it left one of our friends actually worried about changing his daughter's nappies!!

• Upvote 1

At Rufford Park on Sunday, there was a display of hawks and owls etc. There were notices on the enclosure stating that no photography was allowed when families were in with the birds. I thought then what a load of b0llo6ks, but with hindsight, there are two sides to every situation.

• Upvote 1

I remember some years ago in Disney Orlando Florida see a man walking quickly through the crowd.

He had his right arm and hand at a strange angle by his side. Then I saw he had a small camera and was snapping children as he walked through! A few seconds and he was gone from sight.

We don't know that this theme park did not have problems that led to this ban?

I remember reading about that kind of thing several years ago. Apparently the various Disney places are high on the list of "must-visit" by all kinds of people with dubious interests. The Disney organisation are aware of it, and do their utmost to keep it quiet.

• Upvote 1

Sadly nowadays complete safety for children means not letting them out of your sight....ever! Very different to when we were kids and would disappear off for a day on some adventure or other. Childhood is no longer an age of innocence :No1:

• Upvote 1

A couple of years back I came across a small toddler wandering around Makro on her own. 25 years ago I would have gone over to her knelt down and asked "Where's your mummy" probably taken her hand and walked round the store until we found said mummy.

Instead I asked my man to keep an eye on her and went and fetched a lady member of staff. That's how this bl**dy world has got to us.

• Upvote 3

If you were that child's father or grandfather and saw a stranger holding your child's hand would you naturally assume that stranger was going to do the right thing,all paedos don't look like paedos,

Darkanza these perverts were around when I was very young ,difference being they were very very low key.

• Upvote 1

Child abuse is not a pc issue ,every one of us should demand safety for children the elderly and the vulnerable .

Child abuse has crept into this subject which began with PC and all has become lumped together. Of course our children should be protected against all abuse, sexual, bullying from peers or whatever; I would like to think we all should be protected and that we protect each other. My point is that under the guise of child abuse, some school teachers for instance have been pillaried and careers ruined without any abuse taking place; the accusation seems sufficient prove guilt and a cloud of suspicion remains.

• Upvote 3

I totally agree with you ,the subject can be so emotive that it becomes impossible for some to look at it impartially and opinions are often formed because a lot of credit can be had for supporting a so called victim in the real world the accused can become a unsupported victim,but supporting someone that is falsely accused,(mud sticks .)no matter how innocent people don't want to accept.

• Upvote 4

I was at Derby Crown Court on Monday.

First case man accused of indecent assault on child.

Subsequent case man charged with "Making indecent images of children" the amount of images on his computer ran into 1000's !

What that means I do not know, does it mean downloading images?

..... man charged with "Making indecent images of children" the amount of images on his computer ran into 1000's !

What that means I do not know, does it mean downloading images?

I'm pleased to say I'm not an expert on the subject, but I've always assumed that expression meant he has an original photo and then "makes" a lot of copies to distribute around to his similar-minded friends.

And that original may be a photo he took at a theme park.