Stephen Dorrell M.P.

Will you all please STOP winding me up with stories about these bent scroats, it's doing my hypertension no good at all !!

(Must be careful of the Kindle predictive text, scroat turns out to be acrobat!)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That article on Herman van Rompuy just shows what a complete gravy train the whole thing is. When these useless politico's get jobs like that in the EU they must think that they have won the lottery.

Every politician should be forced to wear clothing with the logos or names of the people who give them money. Like racing car drivers. They should not be allowed to be in public, or in the HoC, or per

Dr Peedell works at the same hospital I do. I know him well. He is a cancer doctor and does not wish for political aspiration. He is totally honourable. KPMG is an accountancy and legal firm. They d

Good to see Geoff Hoon, an ex-Notts MP get his orders from the European Court of Human Rights rejected his claim that to secretly film him engaging in an attempt to lobby a fictitious company (which is really not on, its a scummy thing to do, even for an MP) was against his human rights. The ECHR told him to stick the complaint where the sun dont shine.

• Upvote 1

Mick

Within the military Hoon is known as TCH. It was when he was defence secretary. The T stands for That. The H stands for Hoon. The initial in the middle you can work out for yourself. Its still used in parliament today. Not officially of course, but totally applicable as the c cannot keep his nose out of things.

Re.

Within the military Hoon is known as TCH. It was when he was defence secretary. The T stands for That. The H stands for Hoon. The initial in the middle you can work out for yourself. Its still used in parliament today. Not officially of course, but totally applicable as the c cannot keep his nose out of things.

TCH has a house just up the road from my brother In Breaston.

You can very often see him on Long Eaton station on weekday mornings travelling to London.

No doubt to do some more 'paid lobbying'.

Voters should have longer memories

Paddy Tipping Nottinghamshire Police Commissioner.

November 24th 2009

A third member of the committee which punishes rogue MPs was facing calls to quit last night after paying back more than £14,000 in mortgage interest payments.

• Upvote 1

And just as a leopard cannot change its spots, I see Neil Hamilton was caught (again) trying to fiddle expenses from UKIP for staying overnight at his wife's flat, and for unexplained mileage and lunches.

Former Tory MP steps down as it emerges he is under scrutiny from the Ukip finance committee over expenses he allegedly claimed for staying at his wife Christine's London flat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11286986/Neil-Hamilton-steps-down-from-Ukip-selection-as-expenses-questioned.html

• 2 months later...

I was lucky enough to go an tour of the House of Commons last week at the invitation of my local MP.

I must admit it that was a wonderful thing to see and something I would recommend to anyone who gets the chance.

Whilst I think that most MP's have the interests of their constituents at the forefront, I looked at the News about Straw and Rifkind with incredulity. Particularly after everything that's happened in recent years.

They really do think they have some sort of right to a lifestyle beyond you or I.

Rifkind especially seemed majorly pissed off that he was being pilloried since he felt that he was 'entitled' to a decent standard of living, and he failed to engage the internal rolodex that politicians have when answering tricky questions and, rather unwisely, spoke his mind. That's probably what sealed his fate!
He obviously didn't see that using his position as an MP to earn large amounts through lobbying would be a problem. Despite the public mood. Despite previous stings, and despite the fact that he was chairman of a parliamentary committee on security.

Straw was no better. All he kept saying was that he had acted with 'complete probity'. As if constantly saying it would make it true!

I remember seeing him interviewed on a programme about the Iraq war where he said that he could have probably stopped the war in his position as Foreign Secretary 'but it would have killed his career'.

Integrity AND probity (!)

Perhaps he wants to follow in the footsteps of his mentor Tony Blair.

Didn't he charge £90,000 for giving a 20 minute speech on formaldehyde?

But then he was an ex-primeminister.

• Upvote 1