I am just planning my tasks for today: and once again sorting out the "Cupboard under the Stairs", is priority! you know the kind of Cupboard, I think we all have one somewhere in the house where we stuff things that we can't bare to throw away. I have all kinds of plastic food tubs: Biscuit Tins, Plastic Bottles.

Any thing that might one day be useful. But 80% of it never is! I knew it was time to sort it out yesterday, when I stood looking at the tubs deciding which one was the size I needed! I very carefully removed the one I wanted, and had to move quickly, out of the path of the Avalanche I had caused.

Thats when I knew it was time to make way for all of the new lot that I will start squirreling away from Christmas Gifts.

When I look at the collection I have of these attractive tins and containers, I can't bare to throw them away. But. It's either that, or move to a house with a bigger Cupboard.

Anyone else a Squirrel like me.

Ah well, Here goes!!! smile2

• Upvote 1

Yes, I suppose we've all been there but it can have its advantages. Some years ago I was given a Christmas gift by some relatives of the wife and when I opened it I found a second gift tag, 'To Ron, Best Wishes From ---- whoever'. It was of course an unopened, discarded present given to the relative for a previous Christmas. The spirit of giving and mean mindedness is still with us! We could save ourselves a lot of money. Junk anyone?

• Upvote 1

We use to call it the 'glory hole'.

Most people are hoarders, it must be in our genes. I read something about organisation some years back which I now try to adhere to. If you've kept something for more than six months and not thought about it or set eyes on it, junk it!

We use to call it the 'glory hole'.

We call it a 'glory hole' as well, I was just being posh this morning Lol

Carni's trademark. Biscuit & Cake Tins !!

cat fan, you rotter. lol. All the best for today catfan, hope all is in order for the big day tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Yup we're suckers for pretty tins and save them for "something".....trouble is when I need one those we have are never the right size!!

Spot on darkazana. For instance, I made a batch of Bologneses yesterday. They are always handy meals when in a rush! I had 10 individual portions to freeze

Every container in my cupboard was either to big or small. I suppose I could always buy some 'The right size'. Nah, To easy! :)

Right. Must get up now, off to Morrisons at 7.30am !!!!! :)

Carni we make chilli up in batches and use the pour and store freezer bags. You can get them at Lakeland and they are brilliant.

That's fine 'darkazana' but I hope 'Carni' doesn't get the wrong end of the bread stick.

Down here in West Midlands and Black Country a "Batch" is what is called a "Cob" up in Nottingham. There again; if people can have sausages in Yorkshire puddings. why can't you have chilli con in a roll? Good idea; sell them at Morrisons.

I have heard of a Batch, but I thought it was some kind of Loaf. Oooh! Beduth have I got a Notts Ally down here in West Mids Miduck?

I was being tight and also trying to utilise my empty Butter Tubs for freezing food. I don't like throwing Ote away.

I suppose I could use Freezer Bags, If I can bring myself to part with my empty tubs!