Mods V Rockers

As I've said before on here, I had little respect for Mods during the 60's, Rockers were always really decent blokes in many ways.

A good example of modern times. Every Bank Holiday the elderly mods turn up in Braintree in their well restored TV 175's and Vespas, roar around the Sainsburies car park then get moved on by the police, judging by the symbols on their Parka jackets, they've watched 'Quadraphenia' too many times.

20140325_329.jpg

Remembrance Day Duxford, 2013, the Rockers are out in force.

20140325_330.jpg

20140325_331.jpg

Out with collecting tins, doing their bit for 'Help for Heros', lovely blokes to talk to, many of them had battled in the Falklands et al.. where were the scooter boys, at home ironing their Ben Shermans no doubt.

TBI #4...............SHOULD that be 'shirts' ?

DAVE 5.............YOU can do my shirts anytime.....dave.

• Upvote 2

TBI #4...............SHOULD that be 'shirts' ?

DAVE 5.............YOU can do my shirts anytime.....dave.

Not a problem Benjamin.....I have had plenty of practice.

You had to go out dressed as a mod looking the dogs !!!!!! LOL

• Upvote 1

Lived in Rutland when i was nearly rich Robbie,..........had to leave though and sell my Ford Transit.......and everything else....lol. happy days.

When I lived in Saxondale, and attended the BAD Bikers Club (Bingham And District) discos at the Wheatsheaf they did not accept any prospective member into the club who had furry ears or a furry tail attached to their helmet. (I know, stop laughing. I couldn't think of another way to word it)

• Upvote 1

Oh Lizzie , Mick didn't mean him. Calm down gal !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

When I lived in Saxondale, and attended the BAD Bikers Club (Bingham And District) discos at the Wheatsheaf they did not accept any prospective member into the club who had furry ears or a furry tail attached to their helmet. (I know, stop laughing. I couldn't think of another way to word it)

Surely you should have said 'lived AT Saxondale' rather than 'lived IN Saxondale' ?? isitsafe

Perhaps Lizzie is hoping " Tonight's the Night". LOL

• Upvote 1

Did you ever come across bikers from Bottesford?