Moderators can annoy you when something is removed without comment

I enjoy introducing new topics and always hope that someone will enjoy them however you know when you post that there will always be someone that is bored by them or just dislikes them,but thete are others who get a lot from them so moderators should bear this in mind ,having said all that we are a aggravating lot and need keeping in hand so how about ,

a pack it in symbol so we know to self supervise,and know it is moderaters intervention and not a fault ,it makes things clear and is a easy way for moderators to let us know we are getting too heated,laugh if you like just a idea

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest. No one has to read any post that they don't want to. One click is all we have to do. Or as soon as you see who has posted, don't click on. There are quite afew Topics that don't interest

I Often have to bite my tong (metaphorically speaking) when i read posts on anything about Engines,mining equipment,bus numbers,chassis parts,woodworking,metal bits in fact anything complicated especi

One of the first things I noticed all that while ago, when I first found Nottstalgia, was how every one seemed so friendly. People had a bit of Banter with each other and I can only remember one perso

To be honest. No one has to read any post that they don't want to. One click is all we have to do. Or as soon as you see who has posted, don't click on. There are quite afew Topics that don't interest me, and I know mine don't interest quite a few people. No problem. Don't Look! Saying that! I can't resist having a peep, even if I don't like what is being written. The choice is ours.

• Upvote 10

no-one listens when you say ' pack it in ' anyway.....its not just the members you have think of....what about all the folk who find this site from a search from elsewhere.... ???

• Upvote 5

I Often have to bite my tong (metaphorically speaking) when i read posts on anything about Engines,mining equipment,bus numbers,chassis parts,woodworking,metal bits in fact anything complicated especially computers and many terms used on the forum ,old skin and shit like that,i have in the past made( some would say) silly quips to me i was being humourous,and have never meant to offend,i know my humour does not suit all.

I do understand we all have different interests,and not wanting to upset anyone i suppress myself on the aforementioned subjects,please forgive me if from time to time i break out though.

I am not and never have been a 'Handyman' in any way,can't knock a nail in straight,and have no intention of wanting to,after nearly 30 yrs the wife accepts this,...........anyway whens the Railway,Bus,Mining and Computer freaks gonna start banging on again,i love em all.,well some of em.. :) :) :)

• Upvote 9

One of the first things I noticed all that while ago, when I first found Nottstalgia, was how every one seemed so friendly. People had a bit of Banter with each other and I can only remember one person who seemed to be anti everything. Didn't have a good word to say. People did dislike other peoples posts but I can't remember anyone having an insulting manner. Basically this Forum was about Nottingham. I have said before that we can only talk about Nottingham so much, and after 10yrs the topics will slow up abit. We await new blood with more memories to liven us again. In between times friendly Banter goes a long way.

Yes true Mick, and they soon sorted the offensive ones with out making a fuss. I do remember them, and thankfully they were few.

• Upvote 7

Thats what i was trying to say on my previous post 'carnie'............a bit of banter and humour goes a long way,i was'nt criticising the people for their interests,in fact i was taking the 'wee wee' out of myself and my lack of skills on the handyman front,and i think sometimes my 'banter' can be misconstrued,?all i was saying was,i try to hold it back on those subjects,but every so often i can't,..........in the nicest possible way.

know what i mean me duck or have i made it worse.. :)

• Upvote 5

We may get a little boisterous ,but we threaten no one,and we are not

the person you had major problems with,I am with benjemin ,I to cannot knock a nail in straight,I have been on here long enough now to feel confortable with most on here ,whatever their interest ,I personally like a laugh and a bit of banter,harmless.

• Upvote 5

You two should invest in a pneumatic nail gun, you can shoot straight or at an angle and you never hit your thumb either...LOL

• Upvote 1

I think that everyone here gets irritated when we start to have a good debate and then it gets hijacked by someone making offensive comments. The topic then gets locked which annoys most of us. Why can't only the offensive post be removed, that way the culprit will know he has to watch his step and the rest of us can carry on with the debate.

Why can't all the political topics go onto the 'On The Soapbox In The Square' forum with a 'Content May Offend' notice applied?. Nobody could complain then if they've been offended.

There've been comments on Nottstalgia that some Members don't wish to read political comments. In that case they don't read comments in the 'On The Soapbox In The Square' forum and everyone is happy. Well, there's always going to be someone that's never happy.

• Upvote 4

In the main this is a well mannered site and long may it be so.

It should not be just up to the mods, we all have to recognise which of our comments may be unacceptable, and equally each of us need to say to others when they have overstepped the mark. There may be the exception whose comments are totally out of control and that is mod territory. Personally if I ever say anything that is out of order and the regulars such as, carni, compo, chulla, benjamin, catfan, melissa and others said to me to wind my neck in I would listen.

• Upvote 2

Here's a pleasant memory for we oldies & goldies, picked up from Radio 2 this morning. 1955 saw the first entry of Bill Haley & The Comets into our top 20! Ah! Youth!!!

When you find the joiner is going to charge you £450 (+vat), you buy a hammer and learn how to use it.

You are then earning a wage equivalent to skilled tradesmen, and have gained some tools.

• Upvote 1

When you hit the water pipes ,and have to pay for the damage ypu have

Lost 5 years wages ,my paper round money dont go far,tell.you what mick you show me how to fix things,and I will show you how to buy clothes that fit,typical DIY genius but cannot pull his britches up.

• Upvote 1

When you find the joiner is going to charge you £450 (+vat), you buy a hammer and learn how to use it.

You are then earning a wage equivalent to skilled tradesmen, and have gained some tools.

I DON'T do that Mick,i go and work even harder at what i can do and enjoy,to be able to pay the joiner.