'Eastenders' on and on and on-----------

Yesterday and all day today the BBC have been advertising the 30th anniversary of 'Eastenders' on their main news. As one who hates 'soaps' and this one in particular, I can't see it as any news value whatsoever and would rather see them advertising the removal of this rubbish from the screens. Had my rant. How long has Coronation Street been going?

• Upvote 6

Even Dallas finsihed after a few seasons, and I was disappointed Revolution finished after just two seasons.

Eastenders must have the highest murder rate of anywhere on earth....LOL

• Upvote 2

Coronation St has been going for 54 years. It's like Eastenders and Emerdale to me, pure Chav, where everyone is forever shouting their heads off!

But who can deny Corrie was brilliant in the old days, Ena Sharples, Annie Walker, Elsie Tanner, Hilda and Stan et al ?

I remember Crossroads years back, I'm lucky now, the only access to UK soaps is via Youtube and I'd sooner watch a good movie these days.

hi Tomlinson I too ca,nt stand this type of brain dead material, I tried to watch eastenders 8-9 years ago ,on a sunday afternoon, only stuck it about 2-3 times we had to give up watching it because me and the missis became manic depressives, and suicidal, every body goes around with bloody long faces, all they do is argue,, the only time they smile is when they are sucking some poor sods juggler vein. As for coronation street well what can I say! It seems that all its about is drugs drink, and sex , it seem that most of the actors play murderers, lesbians and queres drug dealers sex addicts and thieves, I don,t think I have exaggerated, I,m convinced that the best television is the documentaries, once again these are observations and a personal view. ( that's for people who are offended easily)

• Upvote 4

Crossroads was a real hoot in the old days, who could forget Amy Turtle and Benny. It was live tv and you didn't need a plot when the scenery was always falling down and the actors forgetting their lines.

• Upvote 3

There's enough misery out there without being force fed it. I stopped my kids watching East enders when they were growing up because i didn't think it appropriate. Didn't go down well, too bad. I'm sure it has influenced the easily led without them realising it.

oooooh amy turkle ooh , arrr I have some of that ... ,,

Ahh...Amy turtle!! Over the years popular actors have been snatched up for advertising by the big famous companies...I remember after Crossroads disappeared our Amy appeared extolling the virtues of............ 'Hickinbottoms Bread' :biggrin: