Another "Loony" Council.

It seems that Rushcliffe Council are coming up with some crazy ideas.

Three parks to ban smoking, is this the beginning ? Banning smoking in a food place fair enough but an open space park ?

The smoker, like the motorist seems a very easy target these days. Or are they thinking of "The Children" again.

Who is going to enforce this crazy idea I wonder. Political Correctness gets worse by the day.

BTW, I don't smoke.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Smoking-ban-parks/story-26035495-detail/story.html

• Upvote 4

What is the cost of the tossers in AandE every weekend,domestic abuse ect,oh drinking is still pc,some politicians are drunk smackheads.

All should be helped not harassed,the laws that are related to normally law abiding citizens such as smoking are always used because

if you fine them they pay,true crooks are not fined because they dont pay,the big money is in waiting for normally honest decent people to make a mistake,like speeding parking ect.

• Upvote 2

The old Craven A cigarettes advert use to read:

'For Your Throats Sake Smoke Craven A'

Interesting just how times have change.

When I was in hospital with TB in the 60s fags were sold on the morning trolley and ashtrays were on every bedside table :Shock:

When I was in hospital with TB in the 60s fags were sold on the morning trolley and ashtrays were on every bedside table :Shock:

Same here 'poohbear',also went to see the Doc.in the late 80s witha bit of stress,he told me 'just keep smoking,drink Whiskey and get a Dog.

• Upvote 1

My doctor used to be the same. His jacket was always covered in ash and you'd wait expectantly for the long ash on his fag to drop off.

Yes, in those days smoking was 'medicinal'. It cleared the lungs!

Thanks Robbie,...and Mick.......yes great holiday..........met some great 'banterers'.......sadly not from Notts,.......Brum,Stafford and Leicester.

Nice to have you back benjamin, but please get rid of Clooney for Gods sake !!!!!!

Sorry ladies.

• Upvote 2

They are all the same, but all they are trying to do is balance the books. In the good old days it didn't matter what or how much local authorities overspent by because primarily they were there for the benefit of the community they were elected to serve. Any deficit would always be picked up by others. Now all Councils are accountable on how their budgets are spent and where, so they are all run as a business. And as in any business there could be casualties. You never heard of redundancies within local government 20 years ago, it's simple economics.

• Upvote 1

Nice to have you back benjamin, but please get rid of Clooney for Gods sake !!!!!!

Sorry ladies.

BF,...I did consider this and even put it to the vote a little while back after it was rumbled i'm not EXACTLY like him,.............the result was overwelming in favour of keeping him,(well carnie wanted me to anyway) so you see BF I would'nt upset 'carnie' for the world.sorry mate.

OH yes Robbie, and anyway i like it............ :biggrin: ive also realised whenever GC is in the news forum members (like it or not) think of me :laugh: :laugh: