I hope you don't get boared

They are thinking of re introducing lynx back into Britain, if they can bring back the bear as well as the wolf it should keep the anti fox hunting brigade happy as they are fox predators so would be no need to hunt old Charlie down!!!! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Only who would control the larger predators? Just swapping the problem for a bigger one.

I thought it was April 1st when I read the article. What a load of scaremongering !!!

The wolf is the natural predator of the Moose and other large prey such as Red Deer, Fallow Deer. it's more or less self regulating, if there is less food around and they are in poor condition they tend not to breed so successfully, and if they do and the population becomes too large, then you can be certain that some sort of decease breaks out and kills a lot of them off, hence the need for regulated culling. ex: the spread of Myxomatosis in rabbits

• Upvote 1

We should let Mother Nature take its course. Who gives us the divine right to interfere with the evolutionary process.

• Upvote 1

I think we should continue to tell the Africans to protect their predators but we should continue to kill off all of ours - like they do for sport and fun in UK rural areas. Daft as that may sound, it is what happens here.

• Upvote 1

Only problem with that FLY, is that evolution weeds out the weaker species. Think in the future when the average human is a fat, lazy, brain-dead scrote and there were more mean thirty-stone boars than humans. Dinosaurs springs to mind, just musing though. :biggrin:

I agree, scaremongering though. Anything for a story.

• Upvote 2

I have been quoted 1800 euros to rectify the damage done by a heard of 50 wild boar in March. I have spent almost 2 weeks doing the work myself with the help of my son. Still plenty to do. You need to see the damage to believe it. Lovely lawns and 2 golf greens completely wrecked.

Fat, lazy, brain dead scrote. You know the I laws then ? LOL

• Upvote 1