Would You Believe It?

I have a beautiful variegated Holly tree in my garden. I planted it when it was around two foot tall, and is now about 9/10 foot tall. This year for the first time it is laden with berries, almost white in color. (just starting to change shade)

Right from the beginning of the berries forming ( a few weeks now) I have been intending to take a photograph to show and ask opinions from all of you gardeners on here. Why there has been just one large deep red berry among all of the white ones. It has always fascinated me as to why just the one?

I have finally got around to taking my camera up the garden, after all this time, and as I held the branches carefully aside to take the picture of my beautiful one red berry. The bo99er fell off!!!. Would You Believe It!!!

• Upvote 9

So funny carni, I've got a variegated Holy tree about ten years old. I moved it five years ago

and I haven't had a berry since. Not much help carni but I would have loved to see your face.

I have a beautiful variegated Holly tree in my garden. I planted it when it was around two foot tall, and is now about 9/10 foot tall. This year for the first time it is laden with berries, almost white in color. (just starting to change shade)

Right from the beginning of the berries forming ( a few weeks now) I have been intending to take a photograph to show and ask opinions from all of you gardeners on here. Why there has been just one large deep red berry among all of the white ones. It has always fascinated me as to why just the one?

I have finally got around to taking my camera up the garden, after all this time, and as I held the branches carefully aside to take the picture of my beautiful one red berry. The bo99er fell off!!!. Would You Believe It!!!

Imigrants!

• Upvote 1

I grow agapanthus as I've mentioned before, this year about 140 Mrs Karlton went into B&q and saw 2 in a plantpot for £23 00 I feel like a millionair would you believe it.

• Upvote 1

My old mum had an Agapanthus she treasured in a pot in the lounge, it used to flower really well, over here in oz they grow like weeds !

On one of her visits to oz before she died, she took some Jackaranda seeds back with her, yes shock horror, but she got them growing to about a meter high, but the cold finally got them even in her greenhouse. They are a medium tree that gets covered in large blue/purple flowers.

I actually saw a specimen in the hot houses on Woodthorpe park once. Some quite nice aussie plants and trees in there.

I brought a small piece of Agapanthus back from a holiday in Madeira some years ago.I kept it in a pot 'till it grew up a bit it's now in the garden spreading gradually; it flowered well last year but it's having a rest this year.

I started off with a small bunch that was there when we moved in and split them till they stretch the whole length, odd times some of them come up blind but they've done well this year. good luck with them broxtowelad

would you believe it, Women, the wife, bless her, came up with the idea, "I would like a record player, just like the one i had as a teenager", now that was over 50 years ago, So, after about 30 odd years of CD, Tape, Streaming we are going backward technology, i have, through the years, binned dozens of records, old players, music centres etc, now got to buy new ones, if i can find em, she must think im a magician, i think i am. found a record player she likes in Currys/Argos, about 70.00 quid, no problem but where the heck do i find the records, ideas from her, Eden Kane, (bloody EDEN KANE), Gerry & the Pacemakers, Stylistics and so on, now i look for the old record shops, none, and what records i find are modern singers, Women, oh for a peaceful life,

Your missus is wise terence, there's nothing to beat vinyl for sound quality. Always lots of records to sift through at car-boots and charity shops. Also Amazon but ebay is probably the best source.

• Upvote 1

This is unbelievable, well not really under today's ludicrous rules.

A little girl was sent home from school as her lunch box depicted a picture of Wonderwoman on the lid.

Some nosey wierdo then proceeded to report her, and get her distressed and sent home.

The reason being that the schools policy is to disregard any image whereby violence has been used.

Even if it was done in the furtherance of good triumphing over evil.

You couldn't make it up. !!!!

• Upvote 4

Here's my Dansette and a few records. I have many from the 60s but wouldn't part with them. For 60s records take a look on eBay. There are currently some bundles for sale and loads of LPs. There are other professional websites that specialize in hard to get and less common records but they do cost. I bought a mint copy of Tin Tin's Toast and Marmalade (1970) for £5.00 from one of these sites. I have a box of 1980s singles that I don't use and could be persuaded to part with some of those.

IMG_3904.JPG

• Upvote 2

The reason being that the schools policy is to disregard any image whereby violence has been used.

Even if it was done in the furtherance of good triumphing over evil.

You couldn't make it up. !!!!

I wonder if they'd ban Tom and Jerry - that's pretty violent.

Dave48, #15, Yknow i used to walk down Hurts Yard every day in the 70s either to go to work or the pictures, Odeon or ABC, i would look in the window of the record shop and think it was deserted, not been down there for about 20 years, thank you for tthe reminder, will certainly take a look next week, also Compo #11, i am green with envy, lovely player, reminds me of an old Alba my dad had when we lived in the prefab wigman Rd, black and grey, with a handle on the side lovely memories.

• Upvote 2