It has to be a carbonara in chapel st Leonard's.It was put in a sealed box for us to take back to the caravan.Well it looked like a pot noodle,awful.We have eaten there before and it's been ok,maybe they use leftovers for take aways.I should have made one myself.,or bought a pot noodle for a quid instead of £16.

• Upvote 1

Cranky pig. Sorry you had a bad experience with carbonara . Its a fantastic dish but the problem having a takeaway is the eggs and cream conjeal as it gets cold .its a dish youhave to serve immediately its prepared. Try it at home you'll find its different alltogether.

Rinty' s Jamaican, Caribbean and West Indian takeaway on Southwark St Basford. I appreciate its a takeaway but still.

The rice was dry, every chicken meal had tiny bits of bone in it and there wasn't enough. Still I tried it. Never again.

Probably TGIFs in The Corner House, Nottingham some years ago. I'd been in one previously in Glasgow and on that occasion the evening kind of hung together due to it being a really fun and lively atmosphere in the restaurant, despite the food being predictably ordinary.

The Nottingham experience consisted of a group of eight of us eating out. A young waiter with a laughable faux American accent came out to hold court and took our orders. Several of the orders came out incorrectly or were simply inedible. Perhaps not surprisingly, the waiter maintained a disappearing act pretty quickly. The whole evening was a poor effort and I've made a point of never returning to one of those 'restaurants'.

'American diner' is performed with differing levels of success and authenticity in the UK I find, often historically in quite mediocre fashion - especially if you're reasonably au fait with the real thing as I have been. The recent slew of new ones locally, perhaps too many, appear to have shifted standards upwards though, I am told,

An unremarkable night was had by me in Antibo's,

What an awful place..the waiter resembled Bryan Ferry's window cleaner..and Tokyo Joe probably cooked the food..any road up..I only paid for what I actually ate..as I sent back my main.

Fish and chips at The Plainsman in Mapperley a few months ago, now owned by Greene King.

When delivered to the table, the batter was very dark brown and cold, the fish inside (when I finally found it) was grey and dry as a bone, the chips were cold and about the only saving factor was the small pot of mushy peas. The fish must have been cooked a few hours before and left under a heat lamp - I assume to improve its tan.

Needless to say, it was sent back.

The manager's excuse? The oil in the deep fryer was due to be changed in the next couple of days!

Not been back since.

As per the post above, (number 8) Antibos was comfortably actually the worst food I have ever paid for dining out. Much vaunted, both by a close relative of mine who was a regular visitor and plastered all over the local media at the time I decided to give it a try. The 'mixed grill' they served up was absolute muck and bore no resemblance to what it was supposed to be. No idea why the place appeared to do so well. Perhaps there was a perception that it was cheap (I didn't find it so).

Can't say I've had a bad meal in Nottingham. We used to go to Petite Paris, La Cappana, Eddys on Parliament st Kebab , but hes no longer there, Contis always before he left for home shores. Now if we go out its always to somewhere we trust or a pizza

As per the post above, (number 8) Antibos ...... No idea why the place appeared to do so well.

I'd forgotten Antibos. Went there once for someone's 'Leaving Do' where I worked at the time. I was totally underwhelmed by the food, the place, and everything connected with it. Never understood why it was so highly regarded.

And it's nice to see Stu back.

• Upvote 3

Went to my parent's Ruby wedding anniversary at Patchings Farm Restaurant and Craft Centre, Calverton in 1989 and I have to say that it was awful. They meal was served in stages, some getting their dinner long before others and the pudding course didn't even turn up! After 40 minutes of waiting and the restaurant emptying at the end of the evening I had to go into the kitchen and ask for our puddings. No-one had bothered to tell the kitchen staff that there were eight people waiting for their puds! I fell out with my father afterwards because he insisted on leaving a tip, despite the awful service - my tip would have been "Change your staff!"

I hope it has either closed down or changed hands by now.