The Meteor Shower of the Decade Is Coming Next Week

Great post Mick, we will be in the grounds of Middachten Castle North East of Arnhem in the Netherlands, could be a brilliant extra to the do we're off to.

Can't wait !

And wonder if I can see it here as well, we've certainly got big open clear skies in S of F ...... but I think we could be back to the cloudy skies of Nottingham by then anyway.

I'll lay on my shed roof and gaze into the Galaxy, no not chocolate. I meant galaxy!

I could take some for company though!

I saw a few great displays in August in the much darker skies of Somerset in the early 90s.

Not hopeful up here in the Grim Northwest though... Here, we have the choice between 'cloudy', and 'clear but totally obscured by light pollution'.

Not that I'm complaining.... Me? Complain? Never!! I'm known for not complaining.......

• Upvote 2

Bleddy 'ell, Col, what are you doing up at half past three in a morning - counting your money by candlelight while the missus is asleep?

• Upvote 1

Thanks Chulla.. you just made me lose count and it takes a long while to count up into the millions. I'll have to start again now....

Col

• Upvote 1