Another Pet Thread !

As the title says !   BUT PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC, PETS ONLY, NOTHING ELSE !

Our "Tiger" who lived to sixteen years was an eight week old kitten when we adopted her with her "Dopey" brother "Sooty"  ! Always in to mischief & would only drink from the tap !

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminds me of my foster cat, Fluffy. Rescued her when she gave birth to 3 kittens in an elderly neighbour's conservatory. She wasn't young and was in poor condition. She was spayed and went back to li

Talking dogs! Now your talking.    

During our married life, we had Shep who was an unwanted 5 month old Border Collie. And now the list of cats... Moggie (1) was a stray, Moggie (2) was a feral cat who arrived from over the fields

My Gromit does that too. They have a water bowl, Wally drinks out of that and Gromit drags it all over the place, slopping water as he goes. He drinks out of the outdoor fountain too. Water seems to fascinate him.

• Upvote 1

You'll probably never believe this and I wouldn't blame you.  That Bailey we adopted is the biggest 'talker' of any dog I've ever owned.  Not sure if I can write the way it sounds, but this morning as I was getting breakfast he made a sound like owoooogerahrgh!   In a deep bass voice.  I tried to repeat it to him so he said it again.  It is hilarious to hear.  Got to give 'em credit for making us smile.  Anybody else have a talking dog?  Or Cat.

• Upvote 2

Aaaaaaaah, poor thing !

• Upvote 1

I believe you, Loppy.

My cats talk. Well, my deaf cat, Crystal, shouts. Can be deafening, especially in the middle of the night. Sounds exactly like "Fooooooood!" That is usually what she wants!

Tarquin Tabbycat always squeaks his thanks when I let him out into the garden every morning.

Raffles has a wide vocabulary and understands most of what I say.

Young kitten, Bruno, is still at the pre vocal stage but ought to be saying "I'm really sorry about what I did to the wallpaper last night!"

• Upvote 2

Misty talks. When my husband comes in from work she paws him and says gnam. Hubby says " you want gnam ? And so it goes. Gnam and crocchette appear. I must take a video of how she behaves when shes getting her lead on. Its too funny to believe. 

• Upvote 1

Here are a few pics of Jill Sparrow's cats !  All lovely Moggies !

Young Bruno  !

P_20160916_163640_zpsv1ewuiab.jpg

P_20160916_163750_zpsmsk2p32i.jpg

In Jill's own words. 

" Crystal, my pure white, deaf, odd eyed baby who was dumped. Tarquin, tabby and white who was abandoned at one-day old. Raffles, my tabby cat. Life for them is pretty good now. I love them all to bits!"

P_20160213_161259_zpsq3ohgfpc.jpg

P_20160213_161244_zpshsakvkvl.jpg

P_20160204_181935_zpsu6g9otji.jpg

Beautiful cats, all of them !

• Upvote 4

That's how I read the post Ian, haha! 

Well I can tell Winter's nearly upon us ....... before we left for holiday nearly 3 weeks ago I set 3 mouse traps in the cellar, thinking we may have visitors as the weather got colder, and especially in a quiet and empty house.  Sure enough caught two fieldmice, one poor little devil got caught in two traps.  Now disposed of and traps reset!  

• Upvote 1

Lucy our Labrador has been malting like crazy for weeks. When I put her to beebys at 10pm..I shine the torch on the kitchen floor... and it is covered in hair. The dust buster comes out every night!

I changed the kitchen fire recently and Lucy is almost in it!!

Animals are in our schools now as destessers.. great idea..Hannah was telling me that a troubled pupil can access hugs /walks/and feeds anytime!

I'll find a photo of the 4 cats we inherited via that spooky thread.

Mr Richard Roberts ( Malcolm ) knew him..had a pet koala...cuddles or what!!

Raffles is female, Margie! Don't worry, for the first 3 months even the VET...we have to spell it out in this house....wasn't sure.  It's now short for Raphaella!

She was 11 last month and is as cunning as a cartload of chimpanzees!

• Upvote 2