All going wrong

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Posted Images

Stags - A not unexpected win against bottom placed Sutton United. Unsurprisingly only 2,762 fans turned up to see Stags score a goal in each half to take the points and keep them one point from the automatic promotion places. Home against Grimsby on Boxing Day.

Forest - A controversial game started Nuno's time at the Reds but unfortunately it ended in a 2-3 home defeat which now leaves Forest only two points clear of the relegation zone.

No goals in the first half but a controversial second yellow card sending off of Willy Boly changed the course of the game with Forest having to play 70 minutes one man down. Despite this Forest scored first in the 47th minute. Bournemouth equalised 4 minutes later with the first of Domonic Solanke's hat trick. He scored again 7 minutes later. Forest equalised with 16 minutes to go and it looked like Forest had got a well earned draw but up popped Solanke again in the 93 minute to complete his hat trick and steal the points for Bournemouth. Forest away at 7th placed Newcastle on Boxing Day

A great weekend for all three Notts clubs.

County - Back in the winning way with an emphatic 3-0 home win over local rivals Doncaster. 12,735 fans saw County score regularly after the half hour and consolidate their position in the play of contenders. Both teams used all five substitutes (ridiculous in my view) Home against Morecambe on Friday night.

Mansfield - 8,125 fans were on hand at Field Mill to see the Stags score both goals in the first half. Again both teams used all five subs! The statistics show each team had 50% possession but in fact the Stags dominated all facets of the game. Home against Doncaster on Friday.

Forest - In one of the surprises of the season so far Forest beat a faltering Newcastle 1-3 away at St James Park by way of a come from behind hat trick from Chris Woods. Good to see them hitting the back of the onion bag, let's hope it continues. Yes, an important win but they are still only two points clear of a relegation spot.

• Like 1

County - just shy of 10,000 fans were on hand at Meadow Lane to see the Magpies demolish Morecambe 5-0.

After, for him, a lean period that man Macauley Langstaff scored a hat trick starting with a penalty at the 10th minute.

The final goal of the 5 was scored just after half time, leaving the second half largely goalless. Strangely Langstaff was replaced in the 64th minute. Away at Tranmere on New Years Day.

Stags - I am sure Clough Jnr would be disappointed with the 1-1 draw with Doncaster who county beat 3-0 last week. After Stags took the lead in the 21st minute Doncaster equalised in the 60th minute to share the points, Wrexham losing 3-1 at Walsall saw stags move to 2nd place. Away at top of the table Stockport on New Years Day in what should be a cracker of a game.

• Like 1

Notts County were fantastic last night.

They were just sublime to watch as they swept aside a tired looking Morecambe.

A new midfielder has arrived from Fleetwood with probably more to come through January.

It looks like the Notts blip is over and they’re starting to look really formidable.

Mansfield are starting to wobble and Forest need to now beat Manchester United to show they have turned the corner after that great win on Tyneside.

I still think Nuno has a real job on his hands.

The owner needs to let him get on with it. There's the problem because I fear he won’t.

Watch out for Derby. I still think they can grab an automatic promotion spot this season.

• Like 1

Forest - 29,529  faithful were on hand at the City Ground to see Forest continue their resurgence under Nuno. It was a goal less first half with all the goals coming in a twenty minute period in the second half. Even with a time added ten minutes neither team was able to score. Surely Ten Hag will soon suffer the  same fate as Cooper. I wonder what Sir Alex Ferguson thought whilst look on at the sorry state of United. Still a good result for Forest that takes them further from the drop zone.

Home against Blackpool in the FA Cup on 7 Jan

• Like 1

Still won match though Oz  2 Forest Man u 1

Forest looked so much better last night. Nuno has put much more emphasis on attack and it's been very effective.

United look a shadow of their former selves and I think Ten Hag might have to go before things improve.

Gibbs- White's winner was excellent and I admire his commitment and passion but I thought he was very close to picking up a red card at one point.

Turner went from zero to hero very quickly but a new goalkeeper is surely on Nuno's shopping list after United's goal.

I think Mr Marinakis fired Steve Cooper just in time.

County - Start the year with a 4-2 away loss to mid table Tranmere Rovers. After going behind early to a fifth minute goal by Tranmere County took the lead with two goals in five minute, around the half hour point in the game. Langstaff bagging his 19th goal to become the league's top scorer. Tranmere equalised on the stroke of half time and took the lead ten minutes into the second half. They could have gone further ahead ten minutes later but County 'keeper Stone saved the spot kick. Jennings having missed his first spot kick scored from the spot in extra time to finally put the game beyond the Magpies reach. The loss sees them remain in 5th spot but having played one more game than their challengers. Home against relegation threatened Sutton United next Saturday, should be a chance to boost their goal difference as it may be needed at the end of the season.

Mansfield Town - The Stags scored twice in the second half to come away from Edgeley Park with a very creditable 0-2 win over table topping Stockport County. Both sides missed chances in the goalless first half but Stags scored 5 minutes after half time and again in the twelfth minute of extra time to come away with the points which now sees them second, two points behind Stockport with two games in hand. Home against 6th placed Crewe next Saturday.

• Like 1

County - Match against Sutton United was postponed, I assume the pitch was waterlogged and they say goodbye to Luke Williams who is bound for promotion rivals Wrexham. Away at Grimsby next Saturday.

Mansfield - A second minute goal by Joe White takes the points for Crewe in a 0-1 away win at Field Mill. Despite having more shots and the bulk of possession Stags could not salvage a point. They remain second in the league, level on games and points with Wrexham and two points behind Stockport. Away at Morecambe next Saturday.

Forest - Play Blackpool at home tomorrow with a 2:00pm kick off in Round 3 of the FA Cup

8 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

County - Match against Sutton United was postponed, I assume the pitch was waterlogged

The match was called off in the 1st week of December way before any rain, Sutton lost yesterday to Plymouth Argyle 3-1 in the FA Cup 3rd round.

8 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

They say goodbye to Luke Williams who is bound for promotion rivals Wrexham.

Luke Williams along with his all his backroom staff of Ryan Hartey & George Lawtey took the job at Swansea two divisions higher earlier in the week, good start in his first game in the dugout 3-1 win against Morecambe in the FA Cup, surprised to hear on here that Owd Luke's is now off to Wrexham after only 2 days :Shock: it's funny old game. 

Luke%20Williams%20analysis.jpg?h=41849cf

• Like 1

Forest - Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! as Forest are forced into a replay at Blackpool following a 2-2 draw at City Ground in front of almost 28,000 fans. In a game where Forest had 70% of the possession, they fell behind to two Blackpool goals in the first half hour. They managed to pull one back just before half time but the much needed equaliser did not come until the 56th minute. They almost snatched a winner late in the second half but were foiled by a point blank save by Blackpool keeper Grimshaw from Forest's Yates. Blackpool had 5 players booked and a win for the Reds at Bloomfield Rd is far from assured. Having said that not being able to beat a team from the division below them at home does not bode well for the replay or for their ultimate survival in the EPL. I know "The Cup" often has upsets and this was nearly one of them.

• Like 1

LizzieM

Are you going to apply for the job? if so then I will have some fierce competition.  bowdown

County - In a 10 goal epic thriller at Blundell Park County draw 5-5 with the Mariners. Grimsby went ahead three times but it was a 90+5 minute goal by Harry Wood after County took the lead in the 90+2 minute with a goal by David McGoldrick to get his brace. Aaron Nemane also scored a brace for the Magpies whilst Grimsby's Abo Eisa also bagged a brace.

Two difficult home games to come with top of the table Stockport next Saturday and 4th placed Barrow on the 20th.

The soccer super computer has predicted that County will finish only midway up the table.

Mansfield - After a lacklustre first half Stags took the lead in the 61st minute only for Morecambe to equalise 17 minutes later. Home against bottom placed Forest Green Rovers on Tuesday night. The draw saw them give up second place to "Hollywood United". The super computer predicted that the Stags would finish third in the table.

• Like 1

Forest - Both Forest and Everton (again) have been charged with a breach of the Premier Leagues profitability and sustainability regulations. Having reported losses greater than the amount allowed. The EPL has reported that both teams have admitted being in breach of the regulations. Both clubs have been referred to an independent commission that will determine the penalties. Most likely a fine or a points deduction. The deduction could be catastrophic for the Reds.

I couldn't agree more Oz.

There's a real prospect The Reds could be facing Derby again next season in the Championship.

The Forest directors don't seem to come out of this with much credit and I have huge reservations about the owner particularly when you check out his record with the authorities in Greece.

I guess it will all come out in the future but short term Nuno will have quite a job on his hands to keep Forest up if they are handed a points deduction.

I think Notts are close to appointing their new manager.
Jose Mourinho has just quit Roma but my money's on Morten Dahm  Kjaergaard.

He's a Danish coach who the brothers are clearly familiar with. Like previous appointments very few people know about him but you can bet he'll be decent because the brothers are thorough and very objective with their decision making.

If he is appointed I would recommend the bacon rolls for a half time snack. Sorry, that's a porcine joke from my working days in Viking Land. Denmark is a great place to visit if you haven't been but you need to like Lego.

Forest are at Blackpool tomorrow in their cup replay. I think Blackpool may cause an upset.

Mansfield play their game in hand tonight against bottom of the league Forest Green. A win will take them up to 2nd place.

Mansfield should win easily but a cold January night coupled to Mansfield's tendency to wobble when the chips are down makes for a nervous night at The One Call.

Notts host league leaders Stockport on Saturday. I hope they don't think they can gift them five goals and still get a result.

My money's on a draw but a win would be happily received.

Notts deserved a point at their place back in December so I expect it to be a close game.

• Like 3

Mansfield - The Stags game against bottom of the table Forest Green Rovers last night was postponed because the pitch at Field Mill was frozen. Home to second last club Sutton United on Saturday if the weather permits.

Forest - Just over 8,000 fans were on hand to see an extra time winner by Chris Wood takes the Reds into the 4th round of the FA Cup. The game finished 2-2 after normal time. The visitors took the lead in the 17th minute and extended it just after half time. Blackpool equalised with two goals in 18 minutes and the tie went to extra time. Was it a "dirty" game as Forest received 6 yellow cards and Blackpool 4? Fourth round, away at mid table Champions League club Bristol City on 27th Jan.

Away at Brentford on Saturday.

• Like 1

An excellent win for Forest tonight on a bitterly cold night in Blackpool.

A weakened Forest side were well in control at 2-0 up but then lost their composure to let Blackpool draw level and force extra time.

Forest took control in extra time and grabbed the winner with 10 minutes remaining.

A fitting reward for the 2000 fans who travelled from Nottingham and sung their hearts out. I hope their return journey is uneventful on a very cold winters night.

Tonight's game must have taken a lot out of the Forest squad and I think they may have picked up one or two more injuries so the Brentford game coming up on Saturday is going to be a very big ask just when they badly need points.

• Like 2

County - The Magpies have appointed Stuart Maynard as their new head coach. Maynard leaves National League mid table side Maidstone United after three years. He will bring his assistant Matt Saunders and first team coach Craig Saunders with him to Meadow Lane. His first match in charge will be against league leaders Stockport, certainly a baptism of fire. I wish his team well and hope they lead Notts to promotion.