My lad sent me a few pictures taken from his Drone video thingy.

Taken from a height of 800 feet, guess the place ?, all three pics from the same place today.

2017-05-14_zpsb95wl5sr.jpg

2017-05-14%202_zps0hsrlhl3.jpg

2017-05-14%203_zps5nkrtvrk.jpg

Western Blvd Aspley area. I think the turquoise bit in the middle of pic 2 could be the David Lloyd tennis complex. And allotments in the bottom left hand corner.

• Upvote 1

Do I get a gold star, or am I a saddo ? LOL

No 3 taken looking at the Park and Ride car park, and the old Manning School site on the right.

Well it looks like this was too easy !  denshaw got it with the first reply !

I'll try & get some much more difficult next time, you wait. !

No FLY, no gold star for you, wrong answer. So go & stand in the corner & face the wall !

Again..... I'm sick of it ! 

I can see my house on the top picture ....... well I'd be able to if there weren't so many trees around it. 

Very interesting Catfan, 3 cheers to your lad! 

• Upvote 1

Middle one is probably the High School area as I can see grave stones.

So the turquoise thing is your own swimming pool is it Lizzie ? 

Gear change was a air assisted "Turret" type lever quite low down in the left side of the cab. The lever travel between gears was quite big, I suspect so quick gear changers were impossible to do, hence ruining the gearbox !

Problem was after each gear change a puff of air was released & after a short while you could actually taste oil fumes.

These buses were usually allocated to the "Dale" rota, covering services 3 & 59 & poss 45. how those drivers put up with those things was beyond me.

What usually happened was that the outer depots had no change-man on duty on Sundays & bus changes were handled by PSD. I always suspected the PSD garage staff deliberately gave old bangers to outer depots to deter frequent bus changes !

Those buses were bad, brakes a bit "iffy" heaters very poor to non existent, heavy steering (no power), general rattling from everywhere & of course already mentioned those fumes !

Truly the worst buses I ever had the misfortune to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

When first built in the 1850s it was originally called Coppice Hospital. It seems to have been designed for the 'upmarket' patient who could afford to pay to stay in a better place; as well as providing more spaces alongside the existing 'Lunatic Asylum' (the old one which used to be at the bottom of Calrton Road).