• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

The day is ending badly. Not even a week ago my daughter and I booked flights to go to London Gtw. Now we hear that flights from Turin are no longer flying into Gtw from end of October. We’ve booked from dec19 to Jan3. Have tried to contact them but chat only give multi answers and phone number goes beep beep beep after a while. So hopefully tomorrow we will be able to hear from them .Hotel is booked too. Moving to HR ok but can’t change dates. :angry:

I do hope all goes well for you and your nonnaB it seems as though they just do what they like never mind upsetting peoples lives.  Now neither the master and I no  longer have a car, as you get older its much harder to keep your mind focused  so to be kind to other road uses we have called it a day.   So to the local railway station we go? we brought a disable railcard.  Next week we are going to Norfolk (if any trains are running) we did it all over the internet, till we printed out tickets and for some reason it said we had no seats reserved. Well to cut a long story short we spent 2 wholes days on the phone at least 4 days on the computer, finely having to go to the ticket office at Nottm station, where, we had one of the staff who served us made a nasty comment to about us wasting her time the comment was made to the man who sat next to her. It was loud enough for us to hear. When in this country  will we learn about customer service  ????? and guess what ? we still don't know if we have any seats booked.

Incredible Mary. Now this morning I have to phone Milan because there’s nothing on internet about flights at this time. Apparently it happened as well in May last year.

You will probably have heard this before Nonna -

Heaven is where the police are British

The chefs are French

The mechanics are German

The lovers are Italian

and it’s all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German

The chefs are British

The mechanics are French

The lovers are Swiss

and it’s all organised by the Italians.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Good day for haymaking! Our crop, which was at its prime at the end of June, was finally cut on Thursday and is being turned and rowed up today. The beef farmer that takes our hay has to employ a contractor as he doesn’t have the kit himself. I just hope it’s baled up before the rain on Wednesday. Back in the old days a farmer friend used to cut it when it was ready and we all took a turn in humping the bales and stacking them into sevens. I used to load them into my tractor bucket and stack them in the shed. Now they make large round bales and lift them onto their trailer. I take no part in the exercise other than to observe. I shall soon have a large open field to tear around on the quad bike and do wheelies! ‘Look at that silly old fool’ the neighbours will no doubt say. :biggrin:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

Surprisingly warm today.  I didn't expect a return to t-shirt weather.

Too right CT., we've been very busy up at Sheffield park. Did'nt take long to fill t'owd car park and start using our overflow system. I've been galloping about like ' blue, rear end and flies come to mind. Now my errant wheel has been fixed, there's no stopping me. Same again tomorrow.

• Like 2

Hope all goes well for you Ian, last few months i too have had sciatica but thankfully med's have worked. If any one out there has never had sciatic pain then believe me you don't want it .

Nonna just read your answer, it's a good job that we did not run our salons like that, we would have finished up with no customers at all.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

What type of meds do you take mary my doctor did not prescribe anything i am taking Tylenol.

I was given Codeine 30mg tabs  bit worried when i read the leaflet as it said that they can be addictive but GP told me not to worry as i was a very low dose. I was told to take 2/3 a day but now I am down to one a night but only if i have the pain.

I have just found a photo of a very very old Nottm bus no 43 (I think) i went on to share it with Big Ears and Ben i posted it too this site but can not see/find it any where. So if any one isd interested the new site is Old Photos of Nottingham, 

Morning BK no sorry the bus looked a lot older than that, will try and send you pic but you know what I'm like on computers.

Well day started off well, woke up early left master zzzzz his head off.  We have cheap electric till 8 30 so thought i would just put a few bits in the washer. (For the men out there that  don't use a washer instead of wash powder you can now get pods) well took my recycle box with my pods in out from its hiding place, only to find two pods had split and it was just a gooey mess. So brain into gear i emptied them all into the sink so i could wash out the box, throw the ripped ones away, then put the fresh ones back in the box, GOOD PLAN   WRONG!!!!! you do not rinse pods with water in the sink, The only thing I can say is??? Well it's her age you know! 

As it's now 8.00pm, just been looking at 'all activity' and it appears to have been a quiet day at the office. Apart from Jazz clubs theme. So I've got nowt to read.

• Like 1

We have friends who love to invite us to their place for food, so this week I thought I'd return the compliment and try my hand at a Greek Style meal

Starters/nibbles........ Fried halloumi, some with herbs, some with honey. Went down well. Home made hummus on hand too.

Main course of Lamb Koftas, Pork Souvlaki, Greek style lemon and garlic potatoes... all oven cooked. Accompanied by home made Tzatziki and a more or less Greek salad. Home grown tomatoes and cucumbers used where appropriate.

To finish... shop bought Baklava and/or Trifle. Trifle quite possibly not Greek.. but it's nice...

I've never cooked Greek style before. Koftas excellent, souvlaki less so and maybe overkill anyway but we and our guests scoffed it all.

I'm happy with my first try and I'll do it better next time.

Oh.. also played this, purchased on Crete, 1979.

Ny01Nzg0LmpwZWc.jpeg

I was almost back there.. Aghios Nikolaos, Crete.. 1979... 

We went back a few years later..  Aghios Nicolaos had got much busier, but away from the noise, lovely Tavernas.. great food.. Rounding off the day with  jug of iced water and a bottle of Ouzo..
Magic..
I'd go back tomorrow..

Here's my favourite Greek tune. 'Strose To Stroma Sou Gia Dou'. It starts off a bit like 'Zorba's', but give it time... it's one of Theodorakis' best tunes. Here in vocal by 'Eleni'

Unsurprisingly, it's a love song.. much loved internationally..

https://www.greeksongs-greekmusic.com/strose-to-stroma-sou-english-lyrics/

Well done DJ sounds nice. I love Greek food but never cooked it nor have I been to a Greek restaurant in UK or here. Eaten fabulous food with local Greeks , in Greece they always know the best restaurants.

My daughter did an eastern food evening at a new place opened by distillers that’s opened near us . Apart from numerous dishes she made Baklava 2 large trays deliberately, one for us. It was so good but very sweet. We used to eat it in a Turkish restaurant years ago  in Nottingham . It was the only sweet I had. 
Just an update . Weather is continuing to be very warm 35c today. We’re still not bringing out woolly and jackets. Apparently we can only enjoy it for another few days. Pity.

• Like 1