What do you love about Nottingham?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I too, no longer live in my home town but I always enjoy returning there and I have many fond memories of the city. The following came to mind: As a child: Accompanying my father to hear Hugh Gaits

Love the banter guys, carry on , us girls don't mind...........6 of us to 1 of you ......LOL

Think it is Stu. I doubt any of us Nottstalgia ladies ever noticed a shortage of men in our lovely city !!

So they keep telling us. LOL.

I know what beautiful is, so I keep my mouth shut.

• Upvote 2

Don't know what the ratio is,but Nottingham always had a reputation for beautiful ladies...........working in the North when in my teens i 1st realised this when playing Darts with some locals the score 44 was called two Nottingham ladies.

My tastes are still stuck in the early 60s, Stu. I suppose that is as it should be. :-)

I might be getting on to dangerous ground here so I'm not going too far. The gals of that era seemed very mature and ladylike to me.

Just a generational thing I guess.

• Upvote 4

Say nowt LL, we may be in store for some stick later.

• Upvote 2

This has generated a lot of fast posting. Obviously an important sub topic. lol.

All I know is that I dated several girls before I met my late wife. Without exception, they were attractive, well spoken and I respected them no matter what their background.

I don't get the impression that is the case today. Certainly not in this country. Can't honestly speak for Nottingham.

I always looked for class.

This has generated a lot of fast posting. Obviously an important sub topic. lol.

All I know is that I dated several girls before I met my late wife. Without exception, they were attractive, well spoken and I respected them no matter what their background.

I don't get the impression that is the case today. Certainly not in this country. Can't honestly speak for Nottingham.

All light-hearted on my part.

For some reason though I've never been out with a Nottingham girl since teen years. Partners have been Canadian/American/American etc.

Been out/courted/engaged with alot of Nottingham Girls/Ladies......but never Married one.......mine so far have been,....Derbys/Derbys/Devon........

• Upvote 1

The 6-1 theory isn't reflected in Nottstalgia membership, or attendance at Meet-Ups.

Summat's not right.

Let me get this right, you don't think this 6-1 ratio business is a fallacy by any chance do you, K?

Never went out with another Nottingham girl, but I would have eventually. Actually married an American gal my own age? She's a fine lady too. I'm not saying nowt else! She's computer literate and I don't know if she reads Nottstalgia or not. All I've told her is that I enjoy this site about Nottingham.

If she saw my picture of Jake she'd know who I was. Good grief she might be rading every post I make.

Then I might be on bread and cheese all week if she didn't like it.

Besides still fighting the civil war these Americans have not forgotten the war of independance either. That's what the fourth of July is about y'know. Its not an early celebration of Nov 5th.

• Upvote 1

#45..Hippo.....................sorry you feel that way HG,...............Ive tried to spread mesen as much as possible.......lol.

• Upvote 2

Never went out with another Nottingham girl, but I would have eventually. Actually married an American gal my own age? She's a fine lady too. I'm not saying nowt else! She's computer literate and I don't know if she reads Nottstalgia or not. All I've told her is that I enjoy this site about Nottingham.

If she saw my picture of Jake she'd know who I was. Good grief she might be rading every post I make.

That's right, Loppy, any one of us could actually be her - have you thought of that?

--

--

Anyway, enough of this...I'm parched, put the kettle on, dear and I'll be talking to you shortly.

• Upvote 3