Nottinghams best clothes shop?

We always go to House of Fraser first,  then John Lewis.  Wouldn’t Birmingham be an easier shopping venue for you? Probably more choice there too, I wouldn’t know, it’s about 45 years since I felt inclined to go there shopping.

H of F definitely, but there's also plenty of independent outlets. It really depends on what your budget is.

1 hour ago, catfan said:

Wait for Benjamin to call in, he'll know !

No. We intend paying.

H of F  then John Lewis sounds good. Thanks Lizzie. We are visiting relatives in Nottingham next week so we'll go dahn tahn and do some shopping :biggrin:  Just after Christmas we are being treated to stay in a posh London hotel and then taken to the Albert Hall to see the Nutcracker. Daughter has booked a private box :cool: Mrs PP is not keen on me turning up looking like Otto Von Flick in my old black ankle length raincoat and Homburg.

• Like 2

Yes, John Lewis and HoF generally have the best choice in Nottingham. I don't really like HoF but last time I was in there I saw they had a Crombie concession, lovely coats, my favourite, but gent's only.

John Lewis probably best choice for decent quality ladies and gents.

p.s.

Just noticed you're off to London, I'd wait until you're down there if  you can, way more choice.

Also try Boundary Mills, just off A1 near Grantham. Bigger selection than John Lewis (so much it can be confusing) and all top names at a lesser price. I never bother with the hassle of coming into Nottingham these days. Parking in the Vic Centre will be a nightmare next week - unless you can get in on the bus or better still the tram!;)

59 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Also try Boundary Mills, just off A1 near Grantham.

Really good suggestion Phil. Everything you could want, all the designer labels at lower prices. We are regulars at our local BM, off junction 10 at Walsall. Sometimes the sheer volume of stock and choice overwhelms me a bit, but if you want basic or quality at the lower price, they will take some beating. They have a nice coffee shop for your lunch. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The place at Grantham is enormous. Boundary Mills is incorporated in Downtown. There are two large buildings and a garden centre. You can get clothes, shoes, furniture, carpets,TV’s, white goods etc plus loads more. There are two restaurants and a coffee shop plus ample parking. It’s twice as far as Nottingham for us but is a quicker drive. One stop shopping at its best!

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, TBI said:

Yes, certainly plenty of choice, I get cajoled into going there sometimes.

Not for them that's on-trend like me though, styles from way back and full of owd codgers, no ta. :wacko:

I agree about the old codgers. It can be for the more mature amongst us but there is more fashionable stuff for ladies upstairs in Downtown. 

Funnily enough I have been trying to wriggle out of going to Boundary Mills at Walsall. That's where Mrs PP wanted to go but I don't like shopping in general and at BIG stores in particular, hence a walkabout in Nottingham would be my choice.:biggrin: 

Yes phil, it is better upstairs. Mind you they can sell anything at Downtown, 75% off labels are a magnet to the ladies 'they're an absolute steal dear, couldn't leave them could I'.  My answers always '...and where on earth are you going to put them?'..

25 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

Funnily enough I have been trying to wriggle out of going to Boundary Mills at Walsall. That's where Mrs PP wanted to go but I don't like shopping in general and at BIG stores in particular, hence a walkabout in Nottingham would be my choice.:biggrin: 

I see your point. Places like Boundary Mills can be a bit overwhelming but I adopt a methodical approach of going up and down the aisles whilst my wife flits around. That’s why I prefer clothes shopping by myself.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, catfan said:

Wait for Benjamin to call in, he'll know !

Once upon a time i used to use top Tailors in Nottingham even London............nowadays i look for a bargain (being old and poor) my last Crombie was purchased in Primark piccadilly Manchester..............a good ten years ago for £20.........in fact wore it at work today.......still makes me feel good when i wear it, and its still in good nick,

Amazing how other people take notice of you 'because of how you dress''...........and i like it..........anyway young Catfan you know where to get bargains ive seen your latest overcoat..........very smart mate....reckon me and you together could still pull........lol.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Funnily enough I have been trying to wriggle out of going to Boundary Mills at Walsall. That's where Mrs PP wanted to go

PP. You could always sit in the coffee shop, while Mrs PP selects the coats. Try them on and then both return to the coffee shop and treat yourselves to one of their delicious lunches.

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Once upon a time i used to use top Tailors in Nottingham even London............nowadays i look for a bargain (being old and poor) my last Crombie was purchased in Primark piccadilly Manchester..............a good ten years ago for £20.........in fact wore it at work today.......still makes me feel good when i wear it, and its still in good nick,

Amazing how other people take notice of you 'because of how you dress''...........and i like it..........anyway young Catfan you know where to get bargains ive seen your latest overcoat..........very smart mate....reckon me and you together could still pull........lol.

Might be able to pull Ben but can't chase em !

• Like 2

Know what you mean Catfan..............hosted a dance club today..........kids, mothers,.and Grandma's........guess who i scored with?.........non actually but had great banter with the mothers........even better with the Grandma's.........they loved my innocent flirting........,used to date the girls at night.......now i invite them for breakfast...........:rolleyes:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, carni said:

PP. You could always sit in the coffee shop, while Mrs PP selects the coats. Try them on and then both return to the coffee shop and treat yourselves to one of their delicious lunches.

I get the distinct impression that they must sell cream cakes there. ;)

Edited to add.  I see Ben's at it again.  smile2

• Like 2

Just can't help it Loppy.........but seriously mate the look on some of shall we say some of the more 'the mature ladies''...............is brilliant...............,chat up lines like, ''i know you must be busy but are you free on any night'' ?...........they take me for what i am and give me some great answers......and i must say 'put downs'........but it gives them a cheeky giggle.......love it.............

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

You wanna watch it mate!   Some amorous granny might take you up on it and grab yer 

Grab his what?