• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Hey, Ayup Ben, pleased to see you back and sorry you’ve had health issues but hope you settle into your new home quickly.  Did you get out before the rent man called?   Just hope that a few of th

I’d be really angry if the removal company had lost our chairs when we moved house 

Posted Images

John Axton, I really liked and dirty old town, wonderfully gritty & provoking..

What was that critism. 'holding your ear thing?'

I always try to keep my posts Nottingham based and the majority of the time something slightly relevant can inspire a memory.

Recall a poet, used to come on between bands at the Runner, Sal, & other's.

Looked very much like John Cooper Clarke, very good and did very similar material, to this day still unsure if it was the real deal. 

I've recently discovered an online radio station called Serenade radio. (Serenade-radio.com) a nostalgic listen with wide range of music. This morning included Sing something Simple, and Magic Pipes about pipe organs, although it did include a digital Allen GW4, Loppy! (Edit, I've just looked up Allen GW4 and it's not a classical one, but it looks impressive).

It's got old jazz and pop, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, just like early years of R2.

It's available on dab but only in Dorset!!

I'd never heard of an Allen GW 4.  Could be a theatre organ, They do make them.  

Have you heard of 'Hauptwerk'? It's a virtual organ program that runs via midi connected keyboards.  Made in th US, but I know it has a good foothold in the UK.  It uses digitally sampled sounds from various organs, then you can play them if you have a midi capable organ.  Unfortunately I don't, but I did try the free version using my midi piano keyboard.  It sounded great.

RR might be surprised to know I quite like the Mods. Lots of energy and wit etc.  But sadly the sound on this one is crap, so I can't quite make out what their nihilism is directed at this week. :)

So it's Mariah Carey time again in the chart song world, All I Want For Christmas. Good singalong. 

From her back catalogue of numerous hits she had a hit in 94; 'Without You'. Harry Nillsen did it in 72. 

Without You was written and first recorded by Badfinger in 1970. Good original song arrangement, I like it

• Like 2

It's been a bluesy sort of day here today.. or yesterday. or whatever..

Taj Mahal. Statesboro Blues.  One of the coolest, cleanest funkiest blues ever.  Folk useter dig on this and dance to it down the 360 Club.

B.B. King 'Sweet Sixteen'.  Let's forget 'PC' and just listen to the astonishing music.

Ray Charles.  I was priveleged to see him twice.

• Like 2

Recycling.. It's all the rage... :)

I just found myself watching a bit of 'Poor Cow' the film of the Nell Dunn novel.  This song appeared as background music before I switched the film off.  I find it too depressing.

The Ivy League 'Funny How Love Can Be'

Their other big hits...

I love these songs.  The Ivy League.. The Fortunes, David and Jonathan and many others may not have made it quite as big as the likes of the Beatles and the Stones.. but they are part of the unique fabric of 60's UK pop.

• Like 1

Yebbut.. are you watching the vid of those amazing legs?

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Irish Folk ok some one's got to be. I have just had an invite to The Kilkennys on line Christmas Concert on Line its on tonight at 7 30 but the cost is 12 50 euros.I have seen The Kilkennys many a time and its, well worth the money.  

At the moment my name is Ida  but its really 

mary1947 

@IDA  are you keeping your dual personality or can you be changed back to the original?  As long as you don’t start having conversations with yourself ... eh @DJ360

• Like 1

I think I am going crazy ?  yes talking to myself. brewing tea and putting it into the fridge, the worst thing though , have 3 grandson's fetched them all a Christmas Card put in each £50 and put them away.   The trouble is now I ca't remember where i have put them,

I hope when i go to the funny farm some of nottstalgia members will come and see me. Just a thought we could have meet-ups there?

mary1947

• Like 2

Just had an hour watching and listening to one of my all time favourites Rod Stewart he was dancing while singing his great songs.....we exact same age well 6 weeks difference....anyway not to be outdone turned the volume up and copied him....wife laughing her head off and threw me walking stick down the garden.............she reckons im getting better...........lol

• Like 1