Never visited any of the concentration camps. I would like to and pay a homage to all those that suffered.

I have visited the Hiroshima Peace Memorial/Museum. It too is an eerie, haunting place to visit. It is not anti nuclear or anti American it simply shows you what happens when you drop a nuclear bomb. The strangest thing of all was in the middle of a cleared area is an eternal flame which marks the point which is believed to be "ground zero" around the flame are placed plaques in many languages which describe that the bomb exploded 2,000 feet above this point. Without exception everyone who read the plaques, including me, looked up. It was a deeply moving place.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Posted Images

Now that we no longer manufacture cars in any meaningful number here in Australia I have switched my allegiance to a Japanese brand, Toyota. I just cannot bring myself to even consider a car from the cheating car company or from other over priced German marques.

Thinking of Nerja and listening to...

Harry Nilsson........''Everybobys Talkin''

''Im going where the sun keeps shining'''

''Thru the pouring Rain''

''Going where the weather suits my clothes'''

Next line please..............

• Like 1

Banking off of the north east winds

Sailing on a summer breeze

And skipping over the ocean like a stone.

Great song Ben I also liked the harmonica intro of the theme for Midnight Cowboy written by John Barry one of the greatest composers of our era.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Plus ''When the going gets tough''

''The tough get going''

Are you sure that song is not  ' Go and get stuffed'?

• Like 1

Been told that many times Katyjay............

• Like 1

Been by mesen all day...bit of TV nowt worth watching...so been mostly music and a bit more of Billy Ocean with

''Suddenly''   

''Life has new meaning to me''

Then a classic from the one and only..Harry Belafonte....

'' Daylight come and we wanna go home'''

''Hey mr Tallyman...Tally me Banana'''

Not forgetting the brilliant...

''Island in the sun''         

• Like 1

Yes Loppy remember Jack Jackson...but didnt see his Cat...probably because i only remember him on the Radio;;;

'WAKEY WAKEY''   oh no that was Billy Cotton....remember his singer Alan Breeze ,,,,?   Billy called him 'Breezy boy''

• Like 1

1950s Loppy...........was Kitty bluit his singer with the Band ?

Hated the Billy Cotton show... who followed him, Jimmy Clitheroe or Archie Andrews ? I can't remeber but I know I was glad when BC finished.

Thanks Phil.........i remember now...................

Archie Andrews, a ventriloquist act on radio, unbelievable. Peter Brough was absolute rubbish on tv.  He never even attempted to disguise his lips moving.

• Like 1

Listening to Dr Hook now on U tube..........wish i could transfer the u tube to Nottstalgia...but its beyond me,,,,would get my Grandaughter to show me...but with 'Lockdown' not seeing her or anybody else really.......

So if anyone can explain how i can do it (in very simple steps) i would appreciate it greatly.........

Go for it mate

BK. You’re getting to be quite the ‘techie’ :crazy: