• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, Ayup Ben, pleased to see you back and sorry you’ve had health issues but hope you settle into your new home quickly.  Did you get out before the rent man called?   Just hope that a few of th

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

I’d be really angry if the removal company had lost our chairs when we moved house 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Beekay said:

"The Living Years", don't know the artiste. And it's way too late to get to know my dad, God rest him.

As above the 'Artist' was Mike and the Mechanics.  The lead singer was  Paul Carrack.

Carrack has done amazing work for years with bands such as Ace, Roxy Music and far too many others to mention...  Read all about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Carrack

Meanwhile:

Not listening to music, but after years and years of watching and listening to films, documentarys  and news in Italian, I have forgotten what English personalities sound like. They never look the same when talking because they are dubbed, so we decided finally to put them into original language mode. What a difference, even I can enjoy a cowboy or violent film in my own language (and even cartoons because the translation doesn't always come off)

Last night I half watched a film with, I think his name is George Segal, the toughie goodie or baddie. I dont think Ive ever seen him in an English (US)  film but I imagined him to have a really deep gruff voice but it turned out to be very soft almost effemminate voice. John Wayne too has a very different kind of voice. I may be in for a few more surprises.

• Like 1

Just played another of my all time favourites''

''Gentle on my mind'''          Glen Campbell

''' Its just knowing that your door is always open '''

''' And your Path is free to walk''''

Glen sadly left us 3 years ago........

13 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Glen sadly left us 3 years ago

Saw him at the Commodore, many years ago. Brilliant.

He said to us all, " You're a great audience. Let me know when you're all performing and I'll come and watch you".

32 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I Love It Anyroad. Happy New Year

Hi BeeKay

How do you get the little picture to appear when you copy a link from You Tube. All I get recently is the text. I thought it must be the site upgrade, then something that You Tube had changed but obviously not as you can do it so it must be something that I am or am not doing.

Happy New Year to all only an hour of 2020 left here

Hiya Oz !! Happy new year to you too cobber !

I can only tell you what I was told by a very kind Nottstalgian.

If you are on a pc, when watching a YouTube article, right click and an options box appears. Left click on 'copy URL video'.  Then if you go back on NS, when in reply box, right click 'paste', then just type in whatever you're writing. Good Luck!

Incidentally, I can never get over how quick someone replies to me from the other side of the world !

Hour's not next door are you ??

30 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

That's a quote from John Osborne's The Entertainer. It is said by Archie Rice to a hostile audience and is meant as an insult!

Don't care who it's a quote from. We weren't a hostile audience and G.C. was sincere in his response to his audience. We all appreciated his remarks as well as singing and guitar playing. Superb !!

Nice start to 2021            listening to the late great Billy Fury.........

''I'd never find another you'''

'''I Might find other arms to hold me'''

''' But they would only leave me feeling blue '''

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Beekay said:

Incidentally, I can never get over how quick someone replies to me from the other side of the world !

Thanks for the tip Beekay, I'll give it a go next time I have something to post on that thread. If you just copied and pasted the url it used to work?

When it is 10:30am there it is 9:00pm here so depending on the time you can often get a quick reply but don't expect too much after 12:30pm your time as I hope to be knoking out a few zzzz's

''Will you still love me Tomorrow'''    '''The Shirelles''''

''Is this a lasting Treasure,,or just a moments Pleasure'''

• Like 1

''DOO Wah diddy diddy dum diddy do ''' Manfred Mann

'WE walked on to my door,,,then we kissed a little more '''

Love that song.  There used to be a sort of line dance we used to do to it when Paul and I were hosting at a chain of Christian hotels in the eighties... 

I love the words and the sounds

• Like 1

I’ve never been to a ‘Christian’ hotel but I did stay at a ‘temperance’ hotel in Dublin once; although I didn’t realise it was. It was ok though, the hall porter said ‘if you fancy a drink I’ll pop out and get you a bottle!’. That’s Ireland! 

Just had a jump around in the front room, best put the rug back before Mrs Red gets home from work, she'll think I've been enjoying mesen! 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve never been to a ‘Christian’ hotel but I did stay at a ‘temperance’ hotel in Dublin once; although I didn’t realise it was. It was ok though, the hall porter said ‘if you fancy a drink I’ll pop out and get you a bottle!’. That’s Ireland! 

Reminds me of the old gag about the two blokes who go into an Irish pub at 5:30 only to be told they don't open till 6:00. So they decide to wait.. whereupon the barman asks. "Will you be wantin' a pint while 'yer waitin'?

7 hours ago, MargieH said:

Love that song.  There used to be a sort of line dance we used to do to it when Paul and I were hosting at a chain of Christian hotels in the eighties... 

I love the words and the sounds

Margie, that song is one of many we played at the 360 Club and elsewhere.  Although we played much of what went on to be known as Northern Soul.... we also played anything we thought was interesting.. and people danced to it.

Just as most people are reminded of the place they were when a song attracted them.. I still tend to remember specific nights, or times etc.. when I played certain songs..  I always used to play 'Spirit' early in the evening.  Dunno why.

Staying with the Christian theme.. here's another that people demanded.. and danced to.  It went down amazingly well at the 76 Club in Burton on Trent on Sunday evenings. Joyous stuff!!

''Wichita Lineman'''     1968 Glen Campbell

''I know i need a small Vacation'''

Sat alone,,,listening to Glen...feel all sentimental..........