mary1947

" Smile " Make my Day

Beekay 

HA HA    you made my day x

Tai Chi Moring see you all later 

At first I thought you'd written Tai Chi moaning.  Silly me. :wacko:

• Like 1

just missed out an N

I've missed out on lots of things on my short life !

All these posts about smiles reminded me of this classic from Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel. This was released the year we left for OZ and is among my last music memories of the UK

• Like 1

Following the latest directive from Boris I have manufactured my own facemask, and believe it or not my long absent sex appeal would appear to have returned along with it.

Recently discussing with a friend this anomaly of attractive females being seemingly unable to get close enough to me, he advised that if  I was certain these damsels were not from Age Concern I should consider a full face covering, which would perhaps then make me totally irresistible . I have always considered envy and jealousy to be unattractive traits.

I will continue to monitor the situation however, and if in the meantime you require any advice on making your own "PPE" from two elastic bands and a folded bank statement do not hesitate to contact me. 

• Like 5

Oz, I love that song and/but whenever I hear it I'm reminded of the funeral of an employee several years ago.  There'd been a church service in Sedgefield County Durham and then many of us trouped cross-country to the local Crem.  On arrival the widow was sitting on a bench outside smoking a cannabis joint, and was being urged by the funeral director to finish it.  Finally, as the coffin was carried into the chapel to this song, the widow followed it, dancing, singing  and swinging her arms about!  The most unusual funeral we've ever been to but really amusing memories!  

A bit of 'an ham tea' back at their house where she tried to persuade us to adopt his 15 ft snake that was in a great big glass box attached to the sitting room wall!   We declined.  

Never seen or heard from her again! 

• Like 1

If somebody tried to unload a 15ft snake on me they'd never hear from me again either! :Shock:

• Like 1

The last few days have been sad for me but yesterday something brought a smile to my face. 

I was looking out of the kitchen window and spotted a few sparrows have a shower in the water sprinklers. They were really enjoying it, they fluttered their wings and flew away only to come back bringing others with them. I tried to take some photos but they were a bit too far away to really see them.

• Like 4

Nonna, did you the email I sent you? B.

No I didn't BK

In that case Nonna, I  will pm you to check if I've got the right email address. Didn't want to post openly.