Hair clippers for the lockdown?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You Dad was quite right @mary1947you know what's under a pony's tail?  

I was due a haircut in the week the lock down started, my son cuts his own, with what I call the thug cut extremely short, so I asked him to TRIM mine. He did not understand the word trim , after the

Brilliant clippers. Did most myself in about a minute then Mrs PP trimmed back and sides.

philmayfield  you have just jogged my memory. Went to a big hair show oh! quite a while ago and (these are/were top Stylist) the stylist/hairdresser said to the client tip your head upside down please, then went out the back, came back with some headge cutting shears, then just chopped the ends of this clients hair. He got a perfect result. Don't try this at home.

Sorry Mary1947,  but it's  all as clear mud ! None of it made any sense to me at all. Wasn't referring to scissors, but with hair trimmers. Tina uses them on me with a 3mm guard attached, (not quite sure what is meant by 1, 2, 3 or whatever the numbers refer to. Those markings are not on my guards, they're 3mm, 6mm and 9mm. Without looking in the box I can't remember if there's any more. I assume these refer to lengths of hair left after cutting.

Don't think I would dare to cut her hair with scissors.

your right 1 cuts hair about 1/4 inch then the 2,3,4,ect just cut longer. if you use you clipper's it easy with a guard just use sections then you can see were you have been. But don't forget to feel hair rather than look at it. 

If we must do these things then carry on. If your Happy then I'm Happy. x

@mary1947  I thought you written hair cutting tutorial was very clear.

@Beekay  the angles refer to the position of each section of hair in relation to the head.

@philmayfield I sometimes do the 

‘twist and cut’ on my own hair too!

(not the same as twist and shout, unless you jab your neck with sharp scissors)

• Like 1

Today I ordered hair clippers, del Friday and the weekend will see the big shear off. Maybe then I can get some sleep and not be smothered by my own hair, quite how ladies managed long hair is beyond me.

Have you not tried a fab trendy pony tail Jim?  They're all the rage you know...

Herself has offered a 'bobble' several times but I really can't see myself having a pony tail or a bandana. A neighbour, next door to our local Covid victim, has one and every time I see him RR's comment springs to mind -  most off putting...

Some of the budget clippers off Amazon are a lot better than the equivalent priced wahl etc. I’ll post a couple of links. These are all spec’d The same as the high end barber shop wahl stuff priced at £100+ and performance is comparable.

personally I rate the hatteker set bit I’ve posted 3 different ones:

Hatteker SK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08NJQ1NN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_BSBVGJK0MB3DMDYRG8SC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Kemei 2010: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KY2DXXV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_QA39K219T96Y6DG7M3QT?psc=1

Atomoko:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086MYQ2KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_1ZYTQNCF07AP2Q51WTV3

16 hours ago, Brew said:

Mine arrived this AM. It's now sitting on the worktop daring me to open it..

you have up-set me Brew i was looking forward to giving you a trim, next meetup.  x

3 hours ago, Boris The Bear said:

Oh and all 3 I posted are cordless with lithium-ion batteries and 8w motors too so good for around 8000spm/rpm which compares to the wahl magiclip and wahl senior which are £120 and £150 respectively. 

Wecome to the mad house Boris   no relation to PM are we?