Nottingham Falcons Trent University

Re #75. The Berry Eagles.

At 8.30pm our time, I checked the Eagles again, and one of the chicks has finally hatched. Damn. I look in every hour and just because we had to go out, I missed it. 1 down and 1 to go. I don't know when it happened as every time I look, a parent is usually sitting on the eggs.

Nothing to see on the Nottingham Falcons yet.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

At the moment I am following The Florida Eagles with one babe that is not far off fledging and also Berry College Eagles that have just hatched two Chicks. (Both of these links kindly passed on by Poohbear) If you want the Links you will find them on our Nottingham Falcons Thread.

I see our Falcons more often than most people because I am in and out of the live videos throughout the day and night!

darkazana, it really is pot luck at the moment as to catching them on the ledge. They can be there one second and gone the next.

Last years Falcons was my first experience of watching Wild Birds and I absolutely love it. If i'm not on Nottstalgia, you can bet I,m on one of the three live Eagle and Falcon links. Sometimes sad, some times funny, sometimes hair raising but always fascinating.

Thanks Michael, just had a look ...... this is the first time I've seen a bird there this year. That's it, I won't get ANYTHING done now, what with Falcons and Nottstalgia!!

• Upvote 1

6.08am your time and a single Falcon has landed on the ledge and seems quite vocal, the way the beak is opening and closing, together with the looking around as though it is searching for its' mate.

Does not seem like a year ago since we were watching them breed and raise their young....

Yes Trevor, you are probable right about searching for it's mate.

7.22am and there is one in the nest and one by it's side on the ledge.

The one in the nest is standing very still, could it be egg laying?

Nope, It's just moved off. Haha.

I first saw the objects at least 1or 2 weeks ago and it baffled me as well! I thought it was a reflection of some kind ( similar to oil and water). Or could it be something that had been eaten by a bird or animal and stayed in its stomach, until it was captured and eaten by the Falcons, who then discarded it?

When I saw the falcons today one of them appeared to be eating something, so it could well be the remains of a kill.

One of the Falcons has been in and out of the nest all morning. It is there at the moment and has been scratching about for a while. I think breakfast is just out of view, hidden behind the front wall of the box.

The bottom object circled in #97 is not reflecting the light at the moment, it will be interesting to discover what it is.

Nice picture Poohbear. We were just watching and saying what a great photo it would be. Both Eagles and a chick trying to prize itself out from under Dad (I think).

There's a nice view of the chicks being fed at the moment!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University